The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Sociology new 1, 2 & 3: 7192 - 08, 15 & 20 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by exams 17
See the 4 marker for crime I talked about institutional racism and how blacks are less likely to receive a caution is that right? I gave the Macpherson report in 1999 into the enquiry into the murder of the black teenager Stephen Lawrence in 1993 which concluded that there was institutional racism within the metrapolitan police would that be okay? Also for the 10 marker for crime I talked about Merton strain theory and Cohen working class boys subculture would that be okay??

A lot of people wrote about different things, but yeah I also spoke about institutional racism, also they generally might just commit more crime hence be more convictions, and I added a third point incase one wasn't right about stop and searching unemployed, urban dwellers which generally have more ethnic minorities = more convictions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
See the 4 marker for crime I talked about institutional racism and how blacks are less likely to receive a caution is that right? I gave the Macpherson report in 1999 into the enquiry into the murder of the black teenager Stephen Lawrence in 1993 which concluded that there was institutional racism within the metrapolitan police would that be okay? Also for the 10 marker for crime I talked about Merton strain theory and Cohen working class boys subculture would that be okay??

10 marker I wrote about criminal subcultures and kind of unintentionally merged conflict with cohens working class boys subcultures. But hopefully you've got them right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks would I lose a lot of marks for the 30 marker if I didn't say that Right Realists are neo conservatives and Left Realists are neo marxists. I ran out of time
Thanks would I lose a lot of marks for the 30 marker if I didn't say that Right Realists are neo conservatives and Left Realists are neo marxists. I ran out of time

No that wasn't needed, I don't think hopefully not cause I didn't mention it either

Posted from TSR Mobile
You see I talked about their views on the causes of crime just mentioned them and their solutions in depth as the question is focused not on the causes but prevention but I just listed the causes to show that I understand would that be okay? Sorry for all the questions
What are the marks for each paper you think are needed in order to achieve an A*?
You see I talked about their views on the causes of crime just mentioned them and their solutions in depth as the question is focused not on the causes but prevention but I just listed the causes to show that I understand would that be okay? Sorry for all the questions

They might see it as irrelevant, I just focused strictly on crime prevention and control which is the last chapter of crime and deviance (Foucault, Wilson and kieling, surveillance etc)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I did that as well but also focused on realism too. See for the 20 marker on crime I talked about Marcism, Feminism, Functionalism, Weber and Becker is that right?
Yeah I did that as well but also focused on realism too. See for the 20 marker on crime I talked about Marcism, Feminism, Functionalism, Weber and Becker is that right?

Yeah as long as you made it explicit about what was consensus and what was conflict

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I did thanks for replying just wanted to be sure
Is that the points you included in your 20 marker or did you add more?
Is that the points you included in your 20 marker or did you add more?

You added more than I did, I tried to do mine in conversation with the others rather than list

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, I talked about goffman's dramaturgical approach being a conflict approach as it's the media that provides us with these scripts in which we act out out ourselves. Is that right? If not, will I get marked down?
I think that's right we didn't even get taught that lol. Do we needed to give Marxism, Feminism and New Right in detail in the 20 marker evaluating Functionalism? I'm worried because I only used 3 Sociologists in my answer. I used Murdock, Parsons and Murray. Would I be okay if I gave Functionalism in depth and just touched on the main areas for everything else?
How did everyone else approach the 20 marker for families? Functionalism in depth and discussing the other theories?
Please reply^^
Anybody out there lol
How did everyone else approach the 20 marker for families? Functionalism in depth and discussing the other theories?

i did like 2 main paragraphs on functionalism so in depth for 2 then the other paras focusing on different theories but with a functionalist criticism sometimes, but they way you did it is just as fine...everyone has their own little structure haha :smile:
Thanks for your reply! Sorry for asking a lot of questions just wanted to check. Did you give many Sociologists in your answer?
How did you guys approach the 20 marker for families? Sorry to be a melt just want to double check

Quick Reply