Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA A-level Sociology new 1, 2 & 3: 7192 - 08, 15 & 20 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Anybody out there lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exams 17)
    How did everyone else approach the 20 marker for families? Functionalism in depth and discussing the other theories?
    i did like 2 main paragraphs on functionalism so in depth for 2 then the other paras focusing on different theories but with a functionalist criticism sometimes, but they way you did it is just as fine...everyone has their own little structure haha

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply! Sorry for asking a lot of questions just wanted to check. Did you give many Sociologists in your answer?

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys approach the 20 marker for families? Sorry to be a melt just want to double check

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys approach the 20 marker for families? Sorry to be a melt just want to double check
    What was the 20 marker? I forgot haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Evaluate functionalist views on the role of the family. I gave Functionalism in depth and touched on the main ideas for Marxism, Feminism and the New Right. Did you know if we needed give all the theories in detail or focusing more on Functionalism and just discussing the others as Functionalism was the focus for the question. I'm really sorry about all of this just want to see what other people did

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply! Sorry for asking a lot of questions just wanted to check. Did you give many Sociologists in your answer?
    probably about 6-8 if that counts as many?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks wanted to check. What theories did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Evaluate functionalist views on the role of the family. I gave Functionalism in depth and touched on the main ideas for Marxism, Feminism and the New Right. Did you know if we needed give all the theories in detail or focusing more on Functionalism and just discussing the others as Functionalism was the focus for the question. I'm really sorry about all of this just want to see what other people did
    You have done fine, focus on functionalism and evaluate with any other theories. There is no correct way to do this. Lots of different ways to approach the question. Different schools do different structures.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying.Yeah I done Functionalism in depth then addressed the key parts of other theories. What theories did you do and did you use much sociological perspectives?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying.Yeah I done Functionalism in depth then addressed the key parts of other theories. What theories did you do and did you use much sociological perspectives?
    I don't remember, but it doesn't matter everyone will have different theories/ways of answering. No point comparing you seem to have done ok please stop stressing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks for your help sorry for all the questions

ReputationRep:
    In the AS level sociology exam there was a question on the evaluation of the materialist approach to social class differences in health for 20 marks. If I talked about cultural and behavioural approaches instead and had only one small paragraph on the materialist approach would I get any marks?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you would still get marks! Don't be worrying probably half the marks not sure since you addressed the other areas in depth

ReputationRep:
    What is the 20 marker on the family and household paper

ReputationRep:
    For the AS or A2??

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: June 26, 2017
TSR Support Team
Poll
Should study drugs such as modafinil be licensed to be sold to students?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.