Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A-level Sociology new 1, 2 & 3: 7192 - 08, 15 & 20 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliF98)
    For me, it was all about writing flashcards for each chapter in each unit and consistently going over them.

Good luck!!

Thank you so much i surely would use this technique also can you please share how to make a good plan for 10 markers and 20 marks I am so confused I read though a chapter and thought of trying an essay question but i just went blank like where do i start that the most biggest problem for as I cant articulate what I know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawaira.R)
    thank you soo much this looks very helpful... another thing is that when ever it comes to making notes I always end up thinking everything is important so instead of writing breif notes i end up copying whole text, please if there is a way to make notes in a better way and to prevent ending writing the whole thing.

Thank you
    to be totally honest i avoid writing brief notes anyway cause theres a chance youll think something isnt that important and miss it out when in reality it actually is, the one thing i do though is learn all the key terms especially then the theory names and then the examples and then the a03 so its like a chain of reasoning which is basically what makes the paragraphs cause you need all the a0s
    you could do flash cards or them mind map things but if you prefer writing it out then just do that cause its something that will make you remember
    or what you could do is put the text into your own words, use your teachers powerpoints wordings and youtube lectures theyre all pretty good tools or kahoot haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcar1)
    Did everyone get the individual marks for each unit on the results paper or did you just get the grade?
    Only received a grade, but I made sure to ask my teacher because I was interested to know and she was quickly able to tell me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyadtr)
    i can do a crime one for ya ill try and get it done for monday

hey you had a few weeks you had sent me file, of powerpoints and notes to help with revision for sociology however my sister by accident lost is it possible if you could resend it please, additionally i wanted to ask... how do i answer 10 mark questions that ask to analyse?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone need any advice about how to answer questions in terms of structure?? I got a B with the structures I used so they do work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawaira.R)
    hey you had a few weeks you had sent me file, of powerpoints and notes to help with revision for sociology however my sister by accident lost is it possible if you could resend it please, additionally i wanted to ask... how do i answer 10 mark questions that ask to analyse?
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...UwwcFRGZDlPakk

this has everything in it, ill keep the link up so youll always be able to access it

and youd answer it the same way as the standard explain one but with more emphasis on a03 so instead of just doing one line of a03 youve have a bit more instead of describing what something is

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.