The Student Room Group

I think I've figured out why most girls are "shallow"

If you look at it all from a Biological point of view, we Humans are animals and thereby have animalistic traits. And in the animal kingdom, the aggressive and big animals are the ones that are dominant (Excluding Humans who are dominant because of technology). Now, a female animal will always try and chose the biggest and most aggressive mate because it will increase the chances that their offspring will survive since the male is dominant over all the other males. Now, apply that same logic to Humans. Girls are "shallow" because they want (They're programmed by their genes to want) the tallest and most aggressive mates (boys) so that their offspring will be protected from other competition etc.

I think this makes sense. Girls don't want the weak guys with nice personalities because their offspring won't have guaranteed survival. Although, society doesn't involve men killing other men just to get with a female and so almost all Human offspring aren't at risk of getting killed by male competition. But still, girls have been programmed to want the biggest mates because we are still animals at the end of the day.

tl;dr : Girls are shallow because they've been biologically programmed to want a male who can protect their offspring
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Right...
This could be a very good theory actually. So if girls want the tallest and let's say most muscular men, why are some women attracted to smaller guys or bigger guys? Vice versa.
From a biological point of view maybe.
That doesn't make us shallow. We are not animals we have evolved.
Each person finds something different attractive and what suits one woman doesn't suit another.
I don't need protection from any man thank you. And am far from shallow
I imagine that your attitude is what puts girls off
Original post by Ash8991
If you look at it all from a Biological point of view, we Humans are animals and thereby have animalistic traits. And in the animal kingdom, the aggressive and big animals are the ones that are dominant (Excluding Humans who are dominant because of technology). Now, a female animal will always try and chose the biggest and most aggressive mate because it will increase the chances that their offspring will survive since the male is dominant over all the other males. Now, apply that same logic to Humans. Girls are "shallow" because they want (They're programmed by their genes to want) the tallest and most aggressive mates (boys) so that their offspring will be protected from other competition etc.

I think this makes sense. Girls don't want the weak guys with nice personalities because their offspring won't have guaranteed survival. Although, society doesn't involve men killing other men just to get with a female and so almost all Human offspring aren't at risk of getting killed by male competition. But still, girls have been programmed to want the biggest mates because we are still animals at the end of the day.

tl;dr : Girls are shallow because they've been biologically programmed to want a male who can protect their offspring

Why do you single out girls being shallow? Does the same apply to men as well?
Have you met/ dated most girls?
Reply 5
Original post by Ash8991

This is what I was taught in school about twelve years ago - try again.
Lol, you are such a cuck
I'm a tiger
Reply 8
Original post by Sammylou40
From a biological point of view maybe.
That doesn't make us shallow. We are not animals we have evolved.
Each person finds something different attractive and what suits one woman doesn't suit another.
I don't need protection from any man thank you. And am far from shallow
I imagine that your attitude is what puts girls off
Species: homo sapiens.
Family: hominidæ.
Order: primates.
Class: mammalia.
Superclass: tetrapoda.
Phylum: chordata.
Kingdom: animalia.
Domain: eukaryota.

This is the formal taxonomy of the human race, and describes us as:

intelligent beings...

which look like people...

and are apes...

and give birth to live young which we then nurse at the breast...

and have four legs...

and a backbone...

and are animals...

which are composed of cells with a nucleus and a defined outer shell.

We are animals. If you don't like it, tuff.

Also, your attitude honks of a certain quote I recall from Shakespeare: 'the lady doth protest too much, methinks.'
This isn't a new idea lol
my eyes just keep on rollin'
Original post by Tootles
Species: homo sapiens.
Family: hominidæ.
Order: primates.
Class: mammalia.
Superclass: tetrapoda.
Phylum: chordata.
Kingdom: animalia.
Domain: eukaryota.

This is the formal taxonomy of the human race, and describes us as:

intelligent beings...

which look like people...

and are apes...

and give birth to live young which we then nurse at the breast...

and have four legs...

and a backbone...

and are animals...

which are composed of cells with a nucleus and a defined outer shell.

We are animals. If you don't like it, tuff.

Also, your attitude honks of a certain quote I recall from Shakespeare: 'the lady doth protest too much, methinks.'

Really!!!!!
The day I need protecting by a man.........
Grow up
I think I've figured out why most men are 'shallow'.

Most men want a woman whose anatomy indicates that they can reproduce easily.
Original post by Ash8991

but we dont still live in the stone age though.
What do we mean by shallow here? Definition of that seems to change every 5 minutes depending on who I talk to.
So I'm guessing you got rejected huh.
Original post by Ash8991

Your pretty much on spot there, nowadays guys don't go around fighting each other to prove themselves as the alpha, so what is the next best thing that allows a woman to judge a male's ability to provide? Confidence, and lots of it. :wink:
But then surely men are shallow too because they only want the "pretty girls" with wide hips and big boobs- which are indicators of good fertility.
Lions.
I could argue that given the unique amount of time and care a young human needs compared to other animals, it would make sense that a woman wants a man who is attentive and supporting...

Quick Reply

Latest