The Student Room Group

Fashion Retail Academy

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has applied for the fashion retail academy for this September. I am applying for the Fashion Marketing and Commutations degree

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi

I just filled an application for FRA L3 Fashion design, ive just completed my first year of a levels in C&I but its such a **** school so im planning to transfer to FRA. Hopefully theirs still spaces
Reply 2
Hey! Aw that's a shame hopefully you get on to FRA! I'm excited but I'm moving to London so a bit scared
Reply 3
Hi I've applied for the same degree! Also moving to London! Have you found any accomodation yet??
Reply 4
Original post by MeganLO
Hi I've applied for the same degree! Also moving to London! Have you found any accomodation yet??

Omg have you!! Did you get a place! And no not yet I am stressing out about it though!!
Reply 5
Original post by nicole1000
Omg have you!! Did you get a place! And no not yet I am stressing out about it though!!

Yeh I'm so excited! Just got to wait on my results but fingers crossed!! I know me too I've been looking but Not decided yet!
Reply 6
Original post by MeganLO
Yeh I'm so excited! Just got to wait on my results but fingers crossed!! I know me too I've been looking but Not decided yet!

Ah amazing! You're literally the first person from the course I've heard from! Have you seen any places you like yet? I've seen a couple but I haven't fully decided on what area yet. Where are you from?
Reply 7
Ah amazing! You're literally the first person from the course I've heard from! Have you seen any places you like yet? I've seen a couple but I haven't fully decided on what area yet. Where are you from?

I know me too so glad I've found this! Yeh I'm stuck on what area too, have you been looking at halls/accomodation or flat shares? I'm from Sheffield where are you from?
Reply 8
Original post by MeganLO
I know me too so glad I've found this! Yeh I'm stuck on what area too, have you been looking at halls/accomodation or flat shares? I'm from Sheffield where are you from?

I've been looking at halls for my first year and I'm still stuck on the areas! And Newcastle!
Reply 9
I've been looking at halls for my first year and I'm still stuck on the areas! And Newcastle!

Me too! I'm going back down on Tuesday to look at some more places, think we're trying Islington this time some places haven't been great haha, Aw a lot of my family are from Newcastle!
Reply 10
Original post by MeganLO
Me too! I'm going back down on Tuesday to look at some more places, think we're trying Islington this time some places haven't been great haha, Aw a lot of my family are from Newcastle!

Aw no which ones didn't you like?
Reply 11
Aw no which ones didn't you like?

Think I've managed to find one it like! It's on Holloway Road but there's a few round Highbury and Islington that are nice! Was looking at a few near Blackhorse Road tube before that weren't great, have you had any more thoughts?
Reply 12
Original post by MeganLO
Think I've managed to find one it like! It's on Holloway Road but there's a few round Highbury and Islington that are nice! Was looking at a few near Blackhorse Road tube before that weren't great, have you had any more thoughts?

I'm still struggling ATM but I've hear bad things about pure Highbury. What's yours called and are you getting a studio or just normal room?
Reply 13
I know it didn't look a great area I had a tour booked there but didn't go! I looked at Chapter Highbury and it looks nice and right next to the tube station! I'm thinking just normal rooms so I can get to know people rather than just moving away and being isolated,
I looked at one called Charles Morton court aswell that's in a nice area and a decent price but the tube is a short walk and they're fully booked at the minute so I've just asked to be put on a waiting list, have you got any narrowed down?
Reply 14
Original post by MeganLO
I know it didn't look a great area I had a tour booked there but didn't go! I looked at Chapter Highbury and it looks nice and right next to the tube station! I'm thinking just normal rooms so I can get to know people rather than just moving away and being isolated,
I looked at one called Charles Morton court aswell that's in a nice area and a decent price but the tube is a short walk and they're fully booked at the minute so I've just asked to be put on a waiting list, have you got any narrowed down?

Yeah I was thinking the same to get to know people. I've seen on pure student living the bankside one, but I'm debating going down to London because I don't like going in blind and not knowing the area or anything
Reply 15
Yeh if you can get down deffo go! It's so hard to judge an area without looking, pure bankside looks fab though!
Reply 16
Original post by MeganLO
Yeh if you can get down deffo go! It's so hard to judge an area without looking, pure bankside looks fab though!

Yeah I think I'm going to try and go, are you going to their event on the 4th of September?
Reply 17
Yeah I think I'm going to try and go, are you going to their event on the 4th of September?

No I'm on holiday I'm gutted! Would have been so good to meet everyone, are you going?
Reply 18
Aw no! Yeah I think I am but I didn't receive anything in the post like others have though
Hi girls! I’m hoping to go to FRA this September to study the marketing and communications degree as well! Just wondering if you both got in and if so how have you found it so far? Did you both get student accommodation? I’m going to be moving over from Northern Ireland! Any info you have would be so helpful, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest