The Student Room Group

Stopping pill then taking EllaOne

Hi everyone, last week I stoped taking the pill. I had my break week then didn't start my next pack for other reasons (was supposed to start the Monday). On the Tuesday I had a doctors appointment. She changed my pill over but gave me EllaOne as I had sex on the Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday - most were protected.
I have changed my pill prescription but cannot start until the day I next come on my period. The nurse said I should have my period soon/earlier because I have come off the pill but also because I have taken EllaOne.
Has anyone had a similar experience and when did you get your period??? I'm starting to panic as it has been almost a week since taking and I have had no sign of coming on
If you've been taking a hormonal birth control your period could be generally messed up so don't panic. I have friends who've come off hormonal birth control and some get lots of bleeding very fast but I know one girl who didn't get a period for 2.5 months after stopping the pill. Give it another week, if you're still concerned take a pregnancy test but you should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest