CCEA GCE Applied ICT: Unit 2 Software Applications & Tools Exam May 2017

Watch
livley21
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Wondering if anyone has completed Unit 2 exam yet because schools doing CCEA GCE Applied ICT can choose which day they want to have the exam. Can anyone who has done the exam help me by explaining what is coming up on the four sections of the exam it would really be useful.
Thanks.
Smcelwee827
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
We are sitting our exam on thursday. What day are you sitting it?
livley21
Rep:
Mines is on Friday It's really confusing me going through past papers.
Smcelwee827
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by livley21)
Mines is on Friday It's really confusing me going through past papers.
We got a check list which is helpful, only thing i find annoying is the IF function and Vlookup
kmn947
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Wondering if anyone has completed Unit 2 exam yet because schools doing CCEA GCE Applied ICT can choose which day they want to have the exam. Can anyone who has done the exam help me by explaining what is coming up on the four sections of the exam it would really be useful.
Thanks.
From what I've heard you need to be able to make queries, reports with subforms (for database), be able to the subtotal function, use IF function and the SUM function(for spreadsheet). There was something else about freeze panels but I'm not 100% on those. for word, you might have to make an application form.
(This is just what I've heard is in it though not complete fact!)
livley21
Rep:
(Original post by kmn947)
From what I've heard you need to be able to make queries, reports with subforms (for database), be able to the subtotal function, use IF function and the SUM function(for spreadsheet). There was something else about freeze panels but I'm not 100% on those. for word, you might have to make an application form.
(This is just what I've heard is in it though not complete fact!)
Thanks must look over some of them now, did you hear anything about the powerpoint?
kmn947
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Thanks must look over some of them now, did you hear anything about the powerpoint?
No sorry, but we were given notes on what it could be. They're basically about the operating system, utility programmes, GUIs (what it is +advantages and disadvantages), disk fragmentation and disk clean up, viruses and virus protection, task management and system priorities, major components of the operating system, types of software, disk management.
Those are pretty much the headings but it doesn't need to be really detailed stuff, just a paragraph or two so you can write something!
livley21
Rep:
No sorry, but we were given notes on what it could be. They're basically about the operating system, utility programmes, GUIs (what it is +advantages and disadvantages), disk fragmentation and disk clean up, viruses and virus protection, task management and system priorities, major components of the operating system, types of software, disk management.
Those are pretty much the headings but it doesn't need to be really detailed stuff, just a paragraph or two so you can write something!
Okay Thanks, When's your exam?
kmn947
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Okay Thanks, When's your exam?
It was today actually, it's not too bad just make sure you know what I mentioned before and how to do if statements with a percentage in them, and why backing up is important!
livley21
Rep:
It was today actually, it's not too bad just make sure you know what I mentioned before and how to do if statements with a percentage in them, and why backing up is important!
Was there any part you found particularly difficult?
kmn947
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Was there any part you found particularly difficult?
Well my queries didn't work at first but other than that the only things were validation rule and if statements but figured it out in the end!
livley21
Rep:
Well my queries didn't work at first but other than that the only things were validation rule and if statements but figured it out in the end!
Okay, was there much to write on the powerpoint?
jennyyy82
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Was the validation rule for email? and did you have to do enforce integrity?
kmn947
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jennyyy82)
Was the validation rule for email? and did you have to do enforce integrity?
As far as I can remember yes to both
jennyyy82
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What do you need to know for the powerpoint?
jennyyy82
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
is anyone doing the exam today

t
kmn947
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jennyyy82)
What do you need to know for the powerpoint?
Why it's important to backup, updates, system restore and I don't remember the other one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.37%
Okay (64)
29.77%
A bit lacking (81)
37.67%
Not good at all (52)
24.19%

Watched Threads