?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Predictions on the paper??
Monahawk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The hardest paper1 I've ever seen. The first part was hard, but the second one was straightforward.
Kariem
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I agree it was a very difficult paper and it was nothing like the past papers
Dancin9Donuts
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Questions that me and my classmates had about the exam?
1) How to answer the SQL question where shop 8765 used supplier SUP89 for the first time?
2) Did we have to describe the operation of print head's nozzle or movement?
3) What was the order of the letters for the webpage question?
4) What was the binary result for the LDX #7 question?
5) Wtf was Q.6c? Some parts were straightforward, but none of us can seem to agree on the lines representing the mouse click on the button and the drop down menu or the alternate validation checks.
How much out of 75 do you think you'll get?
Hamzah249
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dancin9Donuts)
Questions that me and my classmates had about the exam?
1) How to answer the SQL question where shop 8765 used supplier SUP89 for the first time?
2) Did we have to describe the operation of print head's nozzle or movement?
3) What was the order of the letters for the webpage question?
4) What was the binary result for the LDX #7 question?
5) Wtf was Q.6c? Some parts were straightforward, but none of us can seem to agree on the lines representing the mouse click on the button and the drop down menu or the alternate validation checks.
How much out of 75 do you think you'll get?
1) I had to read the question 10+/- times until I understood, it's most probably correct.
UPDATE SHOP-SUPPLIER
SET SupplierID = "SUP89"
WHERE ShopID = "8756"

2) I don't know about printer one I am gonna be honest I never payed attention to it when preparing for this exam, so there goes my 4 marks.

3) I think it was EDFA

4) It was pretty straight forward the opcodes were given in binary right in front
of it.

5) Mouse click one started like
( if function mouseclick=x
bla
bla
)
So you have to put the lines where it begins till where the bracket closes.

Drop down menu? I don't recall that.

As for validation check almost all of them applied there, I put in format and presence check.
Dancin9Donuts
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I personally used Insert Into for the SQL question because I understood you're adding a new record, not updating an existing one. So it would be:
INSERT INTO SHOP-SUPPLIER(ShopID, SupplierId)
VALUES(8765, "SUP89");
I don't believe you need a WHERE clause, do you?
Although I could be wrong. One person said they used Alter Table, which made no sense to me.
The printer question was worth 7-8 marks total and I wrote a **** ton for that. I didn't know which to describe, the nozzle or the movement, so I just wrote both. I hope at least some is accepted.
For the opcodes and processor question I know it was pretty straightforward but I was confused because one of them asked for the binary of LDX #7 although the LDX command shouldn't have a hash tag. Some of my classmates think it was LDR although others agree it was LDX so I'm waiting for the paper to come out and see whether or not I messed up and where.
For the JavaScript question they specifically ask for the condition so I think it was only 1 line (13 if I'm not mistaken). And the next part was 33 to 35 where they ask for specific code related to buttons and drop down menu but my classmates disagree wildly on that. Only 2 of us had a common answer, which was 33-35.
I definitely lost 5+marks easy because I didn't do the file size in pixels correctly and part of the hexadecimal questions correctly, so that's definitely 4 marks lost.
For the SQL question I don't remember whether or not I added speech marks for SUP89 so that's another mark off maybe. The processor question was another 2 marks so if I read that wrong I lost another 2.
Oh well, RIP to my grades, I'm failing this year.
mayank.2592
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I personally used Insert Into for the SQL question because I understood you're adding a new record, not updating an existing one. So it would be:
VALUES(8765, "SUP89";
Although I could be wrong. One person said they used Alter Table, which made no sense to me.
The printer question was worth 7-8 marks total and I wrote a **** ton for that. I didn't know which to describe, the nozzle or the movement, so I just wrote both. I hope at least some is accepted.
For the opcodes and processor question I know it was pretty straightforward but I was confused because one of them asked for the binary of LDX #7 although the LDX command shouldn't have a hash tag. Some of my classmates think it was LDR although others agree it was LDX so I'm waiting for the paper to come out and see whether or not I messed up and where.
For the JavaScript question they specifically ask for the condition so I think it was only 1 line (13 if I'm not mistaken). And the next part was 33 to 35 where they ask for specific code related to buttons and drop down menu but my classmates disagree wildly on that. Only 2 of us had a common answer, which was 33-35.
I definitely lost 5+marks easy because I didn't do the file size in pixels correctly and part of the hexadecimal questions correctly, so that's definitely 4 marks lost.
For the SQL question I don't remember whether or not I added speech marks for SUP89 so that's another mark off maybe. The processor question was another 2 marks so if I read that wrong I lost another 2.
For the SQL question, I put in this:

INSERT INTO SHOPID, SUPPLIERID
FROM SHOP-SUPPLIER
VALUES ("8765", "SUP89")
rickyshah_31
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
for the instruction set question, would it have been possible to give the answers in a binary format. The question did not specify whether to put it in binary or not.
rickyshah_31
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Paras99)
Predictions on the paper??
i saw you in the exam, why did you cry?
Hamzah249
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
VALUES(8765, "SUP89";
I recall the word "Existing" in question since I read it 100 times, you use update script when you have to modify existing records.

Insert into script is used to insert new records into table, that's why I didn't use that.
Now this doesn't prove anything but these script marking are usually done 1 mark for 1 line in MS, this question was worth 3 marks and Update script contains 3 lines.
Dancin9Donuts
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hamzah249)
I recall the word "Existing" in question since I read it 100 times, you use update script when you have to modify existing records.

Insert into script is used to insert new records into table, that's why I didn't use that.
Now this doesn't prove anything but these script marking are usually done 1 mark for 1 line in MS, this question was worth 3 marks and Update script contains 3 lines.
I used this:

INSERT INTO SHOP-SUPPLIERS(ShopID, SupplierID)
VALUES(8765, "SUP89")

They do mark 1 per phrase, and these phrases can be on multiple lines. But I think it's 1 for using insert into, 1 for writing correct values in order, and maybe 1 for using speech marks, but idk. I'll wait for the paper to come around.
mayank.2592
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

yes, the word existing was in the question but I think it said, that the existing supplier was being used for the first time, something like that, which is why it had to be put in the SHOP-SUPPLIER table as an insert into thing. Thats what I think
Hamzah249
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mayank.2592)
yes, the word existing was in the question but I think it said, that the existing supplier was being used for the first time, something like that, which is why it had to be put in the SHOP-SUPPLIER table as an insert into thing. Thats what I think
Oh well..

Can you tell me what were your primary and foreign keys?
Dancin9Donuts
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh well..

Can you tell me what were your primary and foreign keys?
For the Shop table, ShopID was primary, no foreign. For the Supplier table, SupplierID was primary, also no foreign. For the Shop-Supplier table, ShopID and SupplierID were both primary and foreign keys.
Dancin9Donuts
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say.
mayank.2592
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For the Shop table, ShopID was primary, no foreign. For the Supplier table, SupplierID was primary, also no foreign. For the Shop-Supplier table, ShopID and SupplierID were both primary and foreign keys.
yep that's right!
mayank.2592
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say.
I gotchu bro
Hamzah249
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I gotchu bro
Have you done the tasks in pre-release material? Can you give me code for 3rd task? All the solutions online are too confusing or using resources which will not be available in paper like ASCII codes etc.
Hamzah249
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
F
Can you share your code too if you have done task 3.4?
mayank.2592
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you done the tasks in pre-release material? Can you give me code for 3rd task? All the solutions online are too confusing or using resources which will not be available in paper like ASCII codes etc.
Heyy, I am kinda confused. I know that we have to use the MID for pseudocode but I am not really sure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads