This is where your Birth Certificate Reference Number is Watch

damnson97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
This is for people who are trying to complete their student loans and maintenance grants application. Don't bother looking anywhere else, you'll get all sorts of mixed messaging like I did trying to find it!

If you have your birth certificate with you, your reference number is a series of letters followed by a string of numbers in the upper right hand corner of the certificate.
I could only find this out by ringing up the student finance services. For some reason a lot of people like to give advice on stuff they clearly know nothing about!! If you read about the reference number being anywhere else (bottom left/right corner being a common lie) it's bogus.

Good luck with your applications
annie.arnold
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The only number I have on my certificate is in the bottom right corner?
damnson97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by annie.arnold)
The only number I have on my certificate is in the bottom right corner?
Hmm, yours was probably issued at a different date, is that right (I got mine this year just so I could apply for student finance)? In any case the best thing to do would be to ring up student finance services and tell them who you are so they can look it up for you. It's never labelled which is annoying.. And absolutely don't put that number down unless you are certain it is your reference number. Now I know some people are not lying when they say it's in the bottom right...
sherry.bobbins
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by damnson97)
Hmm, yours was probably issued at a different date, is that right (I got mine this year just so I could apply for student finance)? In any case the best thing to do would be to ring up student finance services and tell them who you are so they can look it up for you. It's never labelled which is annoying.. And absolutely don't put that number down unless you are certain it is your reference number. Now I know some people are not lying when they say it's in the bottom right...
It's at the top for a full UK birth certificate, bottom if you have a short version (smaller paper)

I know I'm late but this search still comes up top if you google it.
Anita Boyd
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Slough
davecross01
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi All, I have 4 kids and most of the birth certificates have the number top right for short and long versions, but one of them has it bottom right on the long version. Hope this helps.
K9footymad21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi I need a new birth certificate please I lost my one when I moved I was born in Hanover but on a English camp but I don’t know we’re to go from there please help me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.98%
The paper was reasonable (1104)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.98%
It was TERRIBLE (293)
12.38%

Watched Threads