Head Boy speech. Ideas? Watch

HN786
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi I have my head boy speech in two days. I have some really good ideas on how to improve the school what else should i include??
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HN786)
Hi I have my head boy speech in two days. I have some really good ideas on how to improve the school what else should i include??

Start with that..

I think you need to ask about what the objective of the speech is and work around that.

If it's an acceptance speech then thank your peers for voting you, summarise what you want to do in a punchy way, throw in funny jokes and a relevant story, conclude and talk about a journey or something.. and finish

People on here can validate and evaluate your speech for you but tricky to write one for you
The Pepe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
End the speech saying that you hope over the year you'll hope to increase the quality of the dank memes. Finally put everyone in their place and say... I'm the king now
Sanjay_thebest
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
"Hi everyone my name is ******. So I’ve been given three minutes to tell you why you should vote for me to be your Head boy. I could promise you a bunch of really awesome things, like a lot candidates would, but you’re too smart for that. So I’ll tell you the truth and what I think I can realistically do for this school and for all of you.
A poet named Henry David Thoreau once wrote “I cannot make my days longer, so I strive to make them better”. With this Head Boy election here at St. Joseph’s, we also have an opportunity to make our days better.

I believe our college is like a tree; we are all different parts of this tree, for example – The teachers are like the roots, which supplement us with knowledge and help us to grow. If I was Head Boy, I would be like the manure which the gardener spreads to enrich the ground, just that little added extra which can make a big difference.

Some of the things I’ve thought about for the school are:

1) I want the students to have a voice in St Joseph’s. For that we have a pupil council. The thing is though, the pupil council is absolutely useless. I’m not just saying that for no reason. I was a member of the council until my 5th year and I’m sure some of you will agree with me when I say that while we talked and discussed and acted as if we had a say, it was really the teachers that ran the show. A lot of important decisions have been made in the school by the teachers and though the pupil council is called to meet and discuss these decisions, what they, what we say doesn’t really matter that much. Even if we were to show our complete disagreement, it wouldn’t matter. I’m not just making this up by the way, this is the case. If you vote for me as Head Boy, I will do my best to change this.

2) I want St. Joseph’s to offer more clubs, tournaments and competitions. These can be sport and non-sport. For example, in terms of tournaments we could have badminton, basketball and obviously football – maybe themed on the Euro 2012 tournament this year. In terms of non-sporty things, we could have monthly art and photography contests; we could form a group of people who know a lot about computers and gaming to maybe become a gaming group which could even develop some small, free computer games for the school.

3) If I am Head Boy, I also promise to do my best to form a prom committee, with people from 5th and 6th year, to organise a brilliant prom for you all. Next years prom might not be on your minds right now, especially for all the 5th years, but in a few months you’ll start thinking about it and it’ll become much more important.

I realise that, being Head Boy isn’t about being better than anyone else. It’s about having the trust of the student body to organise and represent them with honesty and enthusiasm, whenever called upon.
I have the compassion to listen, the ability to always work hard, yet have a good sense of humour.
So don’t vote for me just because of my good looks and charming demeanour, although you might be tempted to do that. Vote for me because you have excellent taste and superb decision making skills!

Our days might not be longer but they can sure be better."
Marxwasright
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HN786)
Use it as a chance to start a Communist revolution, thank me later.
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Congrats in being a headboy. 👍
Head_Boy_17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As headboy myself, speaking infront of your fellow classmates, crush and nervous year sevens can be daunting. A good speech must be interactive like when i do assemblies with the headgirl, i would try and talk about things that affect their lives at school like latest sports news or funny news headlines, but also talk about things that can improve their time at that school. One other thing is to crack a few jokes to engage the audience, just be as if your talking to friends about anything. If your given a set time time limit then create a powerpoint with your main ideas and reiterate your dedication to the school and always finish off with your slogan from your campaign. Mines was
mohdabdullah_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m a head boy but now I need to write a speech for the oath taking ceremony ??? Helppp
mohdabdullah_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi , I’m a head boy now but I need to write a speech for the oath taking ceremony ?? Help !!
safarisafa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i think you shouldn't have any waffle and juist the facts but dont make your speech bland. chuck a few rhetorical questions in and some jokes but not too many or they'll see you as a not good enough candidate. focus on your aims and what you would do to make the school better.

Head boy - As the name suggests is someone who will head or lead something. But whom and how? The answer to this question lies in the qualities possessed by him. Leadershipquality is the most crucial aspect of becoming a head boy. He should be a role model and set an inspiring example for fellow students to follow. A confident and responsible person is always chosen and stands different in the crowd. Good communication skills will enable him to reach out to more and more students with clarity. A kind nature will help him to build trust and get better participation and results in various activities organized in school and at different levels. Apart from these qualities, he should behave as a normal student, be approachable and never misuse his power. With this, I would like to conclude my speech with a famous quote," A good leader takes little more than his share of the blame, a little less than his share of the credit".Thank you!

maybe something like this but you can always alter it for your ideas

hope this helps
safarisafa
minertommy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Marxwasright)
Use it as a chance to start a Communist revolution, thank me later.
yes, like this guy said, start a communist revolution, then play the USSR national anthem at the end. you know the one you always hear in the dank memes
Romario Morris
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Let just start with that
deltagolf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Normally, people just like to rabble on about their qualities; don't do that. Say something that is going to distinct you from other candidates. For example, in my speech I basically told my whole year group and all the teachers that I am peng.
Pantera Fan Club
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Say thanks for being given the role of Head Boy, the nice tie (if you get a tie) and a distinction for school records (if you have those). Say what you'll be doing over the next year and what you want to say to the first-years at your school. Then, once again thank the headteacher for your role.
Bobbycar
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by HN786)
put this:
sure, I can't build a BMX track, but I can listen to your thoughts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (332)
15.6%
The paper was reasonable (1162)
54.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (460)
21.62%
It was TERRIBLE (174)
8.18%

Watched Threads