lilunicorn10
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Has anyone got any tips for these two papers?

Also does anyone know the grade boundaries/ what collages will be accepting as a C as there is an overlap between level 4/5?
haseebj49
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lilunicorn10)
Has anyone got any tips for these two papers?

Also does anyone know the grade boundaries/ what collages will be accepting as a C as there is an overlap between level 4/5?
I suggest you look at my thread which has an example of question 5 of paper 1.

As for the tips...
The first question is where you can make up time. 4 marks for finding explicit information is easy. Just make sure you don't mess up.
Next, the question of language. Make sure you focus on language ONLY. Talking about structure will only waste your time. Focus your analysis on advanced language techniques. Use a lot of subject terminology as it can gain you marks...
Question 3 is structure based. Do it similar to before but focus ONLY on the structure.
Next question is the 20 marker - whether you agree with the statement or not. It is always best to agree with the statement as it will be easier to talk about it. Write it as an argument by giving both sides of the story...
As for the final question, you can see my thread

Now for paper 2.
Question 1 is easy. True or false. No sweat...
Question 2 is where you do not need to analyse. Just compare the contextual details between the extracts.Remember to use comparatives as this will get you marks.
Next question is 12 marks focusing on how language is used. Include analysis again of important language techniques - focusing on alternative interpretations. Remember to focus on the source they have told you to focus on.
The final question in Section A = 16 marks and is on comparing the 2 sources but with language and structural devices. Try and focus on the structural side of things and this will help you stand out.
Finally, the 40 marker on a viewpoint. The trick with this is to showcase your skills by using clever techniques. Remember to stick to the style that they have asked for.

Sorry about the long post :/ I had to include everything XD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (204)
62.2%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
3.66%
No- I want it (89)
27.13%
No- I don't want it (23)