Turn on thread page Beta

I Lost All Me Certificates watch

ReputationRep:
    Some of the people in these forums are so objectionable and unhelpful.

My A Level certificates went missing during a move a few years ago. Luckily my school gave me the original sheets that you get before the official certificates, the ones they have when you go to school on results day. These have always been fine when I presented them for my degree and my masters. As for GCSEs it says on the back of my certificates (which is a bit crap cos you wouldnt need to know it unless you didnt have the certificates in the first place) that you can contact them for new copies for a fee. I did my GCSEs in 96 so to say they dont keep them is b*****ks. Just think about it you could be in a house fire and lose everything through no fault of your own, they would hardly expect you to retake everything. Everything is kept on computer.

http://www.warrington.gov.uk/learnin...rtificates.htm

http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/in...ArticleID=1614

contact these numbers or visit these websites for details.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    You might not actually need them, no one I know has ever been asked to produce their certificates.
    Ditto. Never needed GCSE/AS/A Level result certificates for switching schools for 6th form, university* or various jobs.

*Univ get your A Level results direct from UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    I needed my GCSE certificates for 'matriculation'.

Ben
    For what uni?

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.