The Student Room Group

Teachers forgot to enter me for exams?

Today I got my exam timetable, and two exams I am supposed to be sitting are missing.
The first exam is an AS law resit where I got an E. My teacher emailed asking who wanted to be entered and I replied saying I wanted to redo both exams. She entered me for the second one. The exam office said if I wanted to be entered for the other, she would have to email them and I told her this. She said she would. I have been going to all her revision sessions for this paper and i always assumed i was entered until I realised it isn't on my timetable. My exam is next week.
The other exam is my AS media resit, which nearly the entire class is entered for - but isn't on my timetable? I got a B overall last year but I want to improve it.

I got ABB in my mocks (4 marks off an A in law), which is what I need for uni (to study international law at Kingston), and proves I can get good grades if I resit. But I can't get that when I have an E as 25% of my law grade! What can i do? Both exams are next week so I am assuming it is too late to be entered. I can't even redo this year because the specs are changing!!! I'm terrified I won't get into uni now.
Original post by Brook2106
Today I got my exam timetable, and two exams I am supposed to be sitting are missing.
The first exam is an AS law resit where I got an E. My teacher emailed asking who wanted to be entered and I replied saying I wanted to redo both exams. She entered me for the second one. The exam office said if I wanted to be entered for the other, she would have to email them and I told her this. She said she would. I have been going to all her revision sessions for this paper and i always assumed i was entered until I realised it isn't on my timetable. My exam is next week.
The other exam is my AS media resit, which nearly the entire class is entered for - but isn't on my timetable? I got a B overall last year but I want to improve it.

I got ABB in my mocks (4 marks off an A in law), which is what I need for uni (to study international law at Kingston), and proves I can get good grades if I resit. But I can't get that when I have an E as 25% of my law grade! What can i do? Both exams are next week so I am assuming it is too late to be entered. I can't even redo this year because the specs are changing!!! I'm terrified I won't get into uni now.

You can be entered for any exam on the day of the exam. The exam boards always send more papers than are needed in case anyone ruins their paper and needs another one. The cost of such a late entry is much more than a standard entry, but your school will have to pay this as long as you can prove you asked them to enter you in the first place.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest