The Student Room Group

Left revision too late for A2

I've really lacked motivation this year and I was wondering if any of you have tips on how I can cram all my revision my first exam is in 29 days and last exam is in 52 days. My exams are nicely spread out so I should be able to cram a lot of revision in between exam season.
I was wondering what revision tips you have to memorise content for economics and sociology. I'm not too worried about sociology I've achieved highly for my mocks however for economics I keep getting D's and C'a and ild really like a B, I have a lot of content to memorise for both. Do you have any tips ??
Also for English literature I keep getting D's and need a B! My teachers worried about if I'll even pass. Do you have any tips on how I can get the grade
Also any motivational success stories will be appreciated ! :smile:
Pro tip, get off here and make a revision plan tonight, then start tomorrow. What else could possibly be better?
I say practice exam technique (I'm only doing AS so I'm not an expert). However, even if you know all the theory but don't structure the answers properly - it can really cap your marks, so I suggest just doing that.
Reply 3
Original post by draculaura
I say practice exam technique (I'm only doing AS so I'm not an expert). However, even if you know all the theory but don't structure the answers properly - it can really cap your marks, so I suggest just doing that.

Thank you ! Do you have any tips on how to memorise content I'm still making notes for economics and sociology 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
For English lit I give my teacher about 2 essays or even paragraphs a week to mark, then I usually rewrite it with the corrections and give it her back to remark... I've been slowly improving over the past few weeks (Got a D in standardised assessment, went to a B in mocks)

Good luck!
It may not work for everyone and its certainly not a great way of learning things so you will still remember them in years to come (but past June who cares right :wink:) but I would just read over a spread of the textbook a couple of times then copy it out rewording it all into my notes. Then do the same with all other spreads. Then I would just read through my notes over and over until when I opened a page of the textbook I could pretty much recite everything on that page. When you're focussed you can learn a lot in depth in a short period of time that way.
Reply 6
Original post by itsokamix
For English lit I give my teacher about 2 essays or even paragraphs a week to mark, then I usually rewrite it with the corrections and give it her back to remark... I've been slowly improving over the past few weeks (Got a D in standardised assessment, went to a B in mocks)

Good luck!

Thank you so much my teacher has told me to keep handing in essays which she can redraft and I hope to do this! That's amazing a B in a few weeks !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by VMD100
It may not work for everyone and its certainly not a great way of learning things so you will still remember them in years to come (but past June who cares right :wink:) but I would just read over a spread of the textbook a couple of times then copy it out rewording it all into my notes. Then do the same with all other spreads. Then I would just read through my notes over and over until when I opened a page of the textbook I could pretty much recite everything on that page. When you're focussed you can learn a lot in depth in a short period of time that way.

Thank you I will definitely try this ! I always make mindmaps or flash cards but idk why it's just not working this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cathartic
Thank you ! Do you have any tips on how to memorise content I'm still making notes for economics and sociology 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure about sociology, but for Edexcel Economics (I also think there is one for AQA) there's this thing called "bare bones revision guide" it has everything but summarised really sweet and short (seriously, it's like a thin magazine)

(looks like this)

I'm not sure where you can buy them but it's really good for last minute revision. For learning it, a really good technique is to read the page, close the book, then write what you remember. Check and see what you've missed - then add that. Another is getting flashcards and just looking at them whenever you can (i.e. in the car, waiting somewhere etc) - once you've done that then use past papers. good luck :P
Reply 9
Original post by draculaura
Not sure about sociology, but for Edexcel Economics (I also think there is one for AQA) there's this thing called "bare bones revision guide" it has everything but summarised really sweet and short (seriously, it's like a thin magazine)

(looks like this)

I'm not sure where you can buy them but it's really good for last minute revision. For learning it, a really good technique is to read the page, close the book, then write what you remember. Check and see what you've missed - then add that. Another is getting flashcards and just looking at them whenever you can (i.e. in the car, waiting somewhere etc) - once you've done that then use past papers. good luck :P

Thank you I will check this out xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
The important thing is making your revision efficient! For English, simply writing out quotes isn't going to be what gets you a higher grade: it's becoming familiar with the paper and learning to form arguments. SO: talk with friends, speak out loud, write practice papers! My tactic is to make videos and it helps me learn very quickly, for example:
https://youtu.be/0veZ3wtpihg

I will also be doing other videos on study tips and getting to university from a level (I'm currently at LSE) so sub if you want to see those :smile:
Just try your best you might as well make the most of the time you have left.
Reply 12
Original post by Amelia-Jane1
Just try your best you might as well make the most of the time you have left.

I will have to! I'm hoping to memorise all my content this week for sociology and economics and then hopefully do 3 weeks of past papers only !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest