shoot_the_moon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I know there are 3 exams for A2, the question is -what topics are on each of them? I had thought that all three would be a mix of AS and A2 content but someone told me today that paper 1 is AS, paper 2 is A2 and paper 3 is mixed with a synoptic essay. This seems sensible, I just wanted to make sure because on the exam board's page they haven't specified anything about each paper - just 1 2 3 (for example OCR chemistry is organic, inorganic, mixed but Bio has no clear title for each) ..rambling.. nice one.. any answers plz?
fayeb1999
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shoot_the_moon)
I know there are 3 exams for A2, the question is -what topics are on each of them? I had thought that all three would be a mix of AS and A2 content but someone told me today that paper 1 is AS, paper 2 is A2 and paper 3 is mixed with a synoptic essay. This seems sensible, I just wanted to make sure because on the exam board's page they haven't specified anything about each paper - just 1 2 3 (for example OCR chemistry is organic, inorganic, mixed but Bio has no clear title for each) ..rambling.. nice one.. any answers plz?
Hi I'm also doing biology. Paper 1 is all AS stuff/first year topics like biological molecules, exchange between organisms and environment etc.
Paper 2 is all A2 so things like respiration, gene expression, homeostasis and all second year stuff.
Paper 3 is all AS and A2 so anything could come up. Practical/experiment questions feature heavily in this paper but practical questions could appear in all 3 exams (although they are more common in paper 3) There is the synoptic essay in paper 3 too though.

Dreading these exams lol.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...on-at-a-glance
shoot_the_moon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you ) I am also dreading them - s o m u c h
*infinite screams*
fayeb1999
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shoot_the_moon)
Thank you ) I am also dreading them - s o m u c h
*infinite screams*
Pressures on, i just hope they're not as bad as last year *nervous laughter*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (29)
15.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (57)
29.84%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
39.27%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.09%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.62%

Watched Threads