The Student Room Group

GCSE Requirements.

I am currently studying BTEC Business and IT and I am on course for D*D*D*, which is essentially is equivalent to A*A*A* at A-level. However, the university which I have firmed only require me to obtain DDD - I am going to achieve this and get better grades. They also require GCSE maths grade of a B. But, I am not confident that I am going to obtain this maths GCSE. Do you think this will be problematic on results day if I don't obtain this grade?
Original post by Daniel Togwell
I am currently studying BTEC Business and IT and I am on course for D*D*D*, which is essentially is equivalent to A*A*A* at A-level. However, the university which I have firmed only require me to obtain DDD - I am going to achieve this and get better grades. They also require GCSE maths grade of a B. But, I am not confident that I am going to obtain this maths GCSE. Do you think this will be problematic on results day if I don't obtain this grade?

To my understanding, it can be problematic and unis are less lenient about missed GCSE grades than A-level grades - it's up to the unis discretion though.

Good luck, the key to success in maths is to practice - questions from the textbook and from past papers.

All the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending