The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
silent ninja
MORSE offer... well a letter telling me I have an offer. No details of conditions until it's up on track- I hope its unconditional!
Now I'm left deciding between MORSE and M&E, cant decide...

Congrats on the MORSE offer. Where is the M+E offer at?
Reply 61
I'm guessing Warwick (says in his signature).
Reply 62
cc123
I'm guessing Warwick (says in his signature).

What sig?
But yes I thought it was Warwick for both as well. Just thought I would get confirmation before offering my insights.
Paulwhy
What sig?
But yes I thought it was Warwick for both as well. Just thought I would get confirmation before offering my insights.

The bit you click where it say 'The Waiting Game' :p:

Yes both at Warwick. Any insight you can provide will be greatly appreciated :smile: . My thoughts so far:

- MORSE is more integrated than M&E which seems to set the subjects like a traditional joint degree: separately taught rather than showing/exploring how they interact and overlap.
- MORSE has some great optional modules, some that are not offered to M&E? There's a massive accounting and finance module, for example, that I doubt the maths students would be able to do.
- the MMORSE (4 yr) is well received in all areas of finance, including IB
- MORSE has less pure maths, more applied and plenty more stats
Reply 64
silent ninja
The bit you click where it say 'The Waiting Game' :p:
Does not work for me.

silent ninja
Yes both at Warwick. Any insight you can provide will be greatly appreciated :smile:. My thoughts so far:

silent ninja
- MORSE is more integrated than M&E which seems to set the subjects like a traditional joint degree: separately taught rather than showing/exploring how they interact and overlap.
silent ninja
- - MORSE has some great optional modules, some that are not offered to M&E? There's a massive accounting and finance module, for example, that I doubt the maths students would be able to do.
Where is this A+F module?
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/quality/courseregs/courseregs0708/undergrad/st/y602
[quote="ninja" silent="silent"]- - the MMORSE (4 yr) is well received in all areas of finance, including IB
silent ninja
- - MORSE has less pure maths, more applied and plenty more stats

I also would go for the MORSE and not M+E.. For similar reasons as you. But yes the 4 year MMORSE option means you get more detailed education. And that is an issue with degrees that cover lots of areas. Risk being jack of all trades and master of none.
Reply 65
Timba
hmmm I applied for

LSE maths & econ and
LSE econometrics & math eco

econlover, i dont think theyve given any offers for mathEco yet

whats cass?
Reply 66
playa
whats cass?

City University's business school.
Reply 67
er timba my friends have offers to maths+econ at LSE
but you should be next on the list, i havent received reply yet myself
Paulwhy
Does not work for me.

Where is this A+F module?
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/quality/courseregs/courseregs0708/undergrad/st/y602

I also would go for the MORSE and not M+E.. For similar reasons as you. But yes the 4 year MMORSE option means you get more detailed education. And that is an issue with degrees that cover lots of areas. Risk being jack of all trades and master of none.

"IB109 Foundations of Accounting and Finance"
Its a second year option.

I think I might go for the MMORSE over M&E also. I have a while to decide yet. Thanks
heyy every1 sorry i haven't been on student room for a real long time
the interview was just a chat as you had said lily!
i hope the offer is not too high tho cuz i really wanna go..!!
well tis between MORSE and nottingham!
nutcase1859
heyy every1 sorry i haven't been on student room for a real long time
the interview was just a chat as you had said lily!
i hope the offer is not too high tho cuz i really wanna go..!!
well tis between MORSE and nottingham!

Who are you and what do you want? :p:
Reply 71
OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maths and Economics at LSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conditional on AAB at advanced higher.
pistonhead
OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maths and Economics at LSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conditional on AAB at advanced higher.

Brilliant!! Well done:biggrin:
Reply 73
Thanks Silent Ninja. I don't know what you have applied for but I wish you all the best.
hey i just wanted to ask..i am thinkin of doing economics and maths in uni , joint honours..wanted to go into dentistry and flopped..so im dropping chem and bio and will just reatke modules to boost the grade and then i will carry on maths and geog with i got grade B in and retaker modules to get an A at AS and take as an alevel. i will also take up Economics as a further AS level this year...

i know it so late but how do i rite my personal statement and what do i right? any work experience? additional reading i should really be doing? do we have to have interviews with this course? ...does economics with maths promise me a big career in the future like workign in big firms lyk golden sacs or lehman brothers?..

any tips please, im so confused atm..xx

Latest

Trending

Trending