The Student Room Group

what does "VWO with 8" mean for entry req?

KCL has this as entry requirement for dutch students:
"Netherlands: Diploma Voorbereidend Wetenschappelijk Onderwijs (VWO)
VWO with 8."

What do they mean with it though? Does it mean have an 8 in any one subject. Have an 8 in a related subject to the course? Have an average of 8? *gulp*

I tried emailing them, and like 8 other universities but only 2 replied and its been like 2-3 weeks :s-smilie: and neither of those really gave an answer that would clear this up
It might be expensive, but if at all possible I'd try calling the universities and/or UCAS. I always find I get a clearer answer when I can actually articulate myself through a conversation, and not have to keep sending repeat emails asking people to reiterate whatever they said... :smile:
The expectations of UK universities for other diplomas are rediculous. I did the IB and it was expected that 40 points would be the equivalent to 3A's... which it definately isnt! Depending on what course you're applying for I think they probably mean an average of 8, so yes the gulp should be included :smile:
Being a dutch student as well, I think it means an average of 8. Best to contact the admissions-officer though
Reply 4
8 average is friggin crazy with the amount of subjects you have in the netherlands. 16 subjects in my profile cluster. 8 is the highest grade generally awarded for a subject, 9 and 10 are hardly ever awarded at exams. I dont think anyone at my school got a 10 at one of their exams. I normally get 9-10s on school exams for english but i got an 8,4 at the finals. I wouldve thought an 8 average wouldve been oxford :P KCL aint even that high up. Thats nuts.
Yep it is way too much. The uk uni's think that A lvls is like the hardest course ever, and therefore give incredibly unrealistic marks to other diplomas, its ****ing retarded

Latest

Trending

Trending