The Student Room Group

About Household Income assessment

The situation is this. I'm applying as a child of a migrant worker to study in England and I'm a dependent student. My parents are divorced. Mom lives in Lithuania, Dad in England. I have been ordinarily resident in Lithuania for the last 3 years living with my mom for most of the time, before that I lived with my dad in England for approximately 7 years. Even though my current home address is in Lithuania once I move to study in England around the middle of august, I will move into my dad's house and it will become my home address of course but it won't by my term time address since I'll be living in the halls during the semester. So what I'm trying to figure out is whose financial details I should enter for the assessment of the household income? It would seem more convenient to enter my dad's since he lives in England it would be easier with all the documentation, however I currently live with my mom and won't be moving into my dad's house till around the 15th of august. Should I just enter both of their details and let the SFE decide which household to assess? Or pick one of them and if so which one given my circumstances? Please someone help with this and BIG THANKS in advance.
Original post by kaspa95
The situation is this. I'm applying as a child of a migrant worker to study in England and I'm a dependent student. My parents are divorced. Mom lives in Lithuania, Dad in England. I have been ordinarily resident in Lithuania for the last 3 years living with my mom for most of the time, before that I lived with my dad in England for approximately 7 years. Even though my current home address is in Lithuania once I move to study in England around the middle of august, I will move into my dad's house and it will become my home address of course but it won't by my term time address since I'll be living in the halls during the semester. So what I'm trying to figure out is whose financial details I should enter for the assessment of the household income? It would seem more convenient to enter my dad's since he lives in England it would be easier with all the documentation, however I currently live with my mom and won't be moving into my dad's house till around the 15th of august. Should I just enter both of their details and let the SFE decide which household to assess? Or pick one of them and if so which one given my circumstances? Please someone help with this and BIG THANKS in advance.

You can't currently prove you live in the uk so it's possible your have to use your mums

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending