peruse10
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi there, I just picked up A2 Geography and will be sitting them next month. I have a few questions that I need answering. I'm a US student studying at CATs.

1. Since in section A we are given a choice of 5 topic questions, would it be possible for me just to revise 2 topics that aren't (Bridging the Development Gap, since that will be section B)?

2. I have not started my revision for Unit 4, and I am wondering what Topic I should pick? in your opinion which topic is the easiest?

3. I understand the assessment in unit 3 but am having trouble for unit 4. Could someone explain what I would need to study if, for example, I chose to study tectonic activity. What research would I need to take or how much detail into tectonic activity would I need to learn etc?

Thank you.
harryleavey
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by peruse10)
Hi there, I just picked up A2 Geography and will be sitting them next month. I have a few questions that I need answering. I'm a US student studying at CATs.

1. Since in section A we are given a choice of 5 topic questions, would it be possible for me just to revise 2 topics that aren't (Bridging the Development Gap, since that will be section B)?

2. I have not started my revision for Unit 4, and I am wondering what Topic I should pick? in your opinion which topic is the easiest?

3. I understand the assessment in unit 3 but am having trouble for unit 4. Could someone explain what I would need to study if, for example, I chose to study tectonic activity. What research would I need to take or how much detail into tectonic activity would I need to learn etc?

Thank you.
Please try not to start a new thread when there are already active ones about this.
I'll see you in the other threads. Thanks

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sea...xcel+geography
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by harryleavey)
Please try not to start a new thread when there are already active ones about this.
I'll see you in the other threads. Thanks

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sea...xcel+geography
Let the dude start his own thread, why not? He wants advice on both unit 3 and unit 4 and is a new user so probably isn't confident with the site yet. Please try to give constructive answers when someone comes for advice about a topic you're very knowledgeable about.

(Original post by peruse10)

For unit 3 section A, most people revise 2 topics thoroughly and then one topic as a back-up in case the questions are more difficult than they anticipated for one of their preference topics. For example, you could choose to revise Energy and Water thoroughly, and then Biodiversity just in case the Energy question isn't so friendly.

Unit 4 is quite a lengthy exam which requires a lot of analysis. I chose The World of Cultural Diversity because this one peaked my interest the most. If you have the pre-release, you should be able to focus your revision on the topics in the pre-release in order to gather a few good case studies, sources and points. You should try writing a draft of your "ideal answer" for unit 4, make sure to include all of the vital sections and structure it right. Once you've got the structure, case studies and analytical points, it is quite simple. For sources of information, whatever topic you choose, this website is quite good.
harryleavey
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amefish)
Let the dude start his own thread, why not? He wants advice on both unit 3 and unit 4 and is a new user so probably isn't confident with the site yet. Please try to give constructive answers when someone comes for advice about a topic you're very knowledgeable about.

For unit 3 section A, most people revise 2 topics thoroughly and then one topic as a back-up in case the questions are more difficult than they anticipated for one of their preference topics. For example, you could choose to revise Energy and Water thoroughly, and then Biodiversity just in case the Energy question isn't so friendly.

Unit 4 is quite a lengthy exam which requires a lot of analysis. I chose The World of Cultural Diversity because this one peaked my interest the most. If you have the pre-release, you should be able to focus your revision on the topics in the pre-release in order to gather a few good case studies, sources and points. You should try writing a draft of your "ideal answer" for unit 4, make sure to include all of the vital sections and structure it right. Once you've got the structure, case studies and analytical points, it is quite simple. For sources of information, whatever topic you choose, this website is quite good.
There is no point starting another thread.

It benefits no one. The OP would see that their questions have already been answered elsewhere. And for any other questions, the active users in other forums will not be able to see this information.

Creating more threads about the same topic is confusing and not useful for anyone.

I refuse to post the same information twice - It is frustrating. Especially when time is valuable during exam season!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.24%
I'm not sure (27)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (189)
31.66%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.01%
I'm not a current university student (284)
47.57%

Watched Threads