Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just need to know a few things...

Do they happen at a certain centre, as I know few students do them... so would I have to pay for them to be taken at my school, and invigilated? How much is that likely to cost me, per AEA?

I did very well at Physics AS level (277/300) (well, I think its good! Lol)... I did understand AS level quite well, but the only aspect ive really read around is quantum mechanics and stellar physics... should I have done more??

What sort of content have there been in past AEAs (Physics, History, Chemistry and English)... As those are the four ive been told to look at... If you have PAST AEA PAPERS, PLEASE could you upload, so I could check them out, as I have no idea what these are about...

I just feel I need to challenge myself outside the curriculum and see how capable I am, esp with eng and physics... its just a nice idea, though id prob fail it all...

Thanks for the help guys.

ReputationRep:
    Erm...I did an AEA in French and got distinction, and I was the only person in my school doing one. No they don't have to be arranged at certain centres, and as far as I'm aware, the school does not have to pay extra.

Content is basically the same as A2 (no new syllabus or anything), they just extend some of the ideas. Not too difficult, but a good challenge nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    All the QCA examining boards have specimen AEAs, and AQA lets you look at past papers. AQA does the chemistry AEA, I think WJEC does the physics and I'm not sure about the other two.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    OCR does english lit, i got a distinction... its basically just writing on unseen work with a combination of analytical skills and extra reading u might do, but i dont rly read as much as i ought. The questions for english are fairly broad, just asks u to take a theme running thru all the extracts they give u and discuss how it is explored. x

ReputationRep:
    I did Spanish AEA and got a U :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I did Maths AEA and got a Merit, i also wanted to do Physics AEA but forgot to tell my examiner to enter me and when i got my exam timetable it was too late...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.