The Student Room Group

Withdrawn last year, recently got a letter from SFS

Hi,

Last year I've applied for Student Finance for a university course. Ultimately, I changed my mind and withdrew long before the beginning of the academic year (in early July). I've then received an official confirmation from UCAS stating that they were informed by my university that I've withdrawn. All was fine, but just a few days ago I've received a suspicious letter from Student Finance Services. It's basically informing me about applying for next year student finances (I think a standard letter of such kind). The thing that bothers me is that one paragraph states: "In 2016/17, you received student finance that was not based on your household income(...)".

With the letter comes a pre-filled form with some of my last year personal data adjusted to next academic year.

Should I contact SFS officially, by letter, and sort out the issue, or is it safe to ignore? As I have not received any funds, and have officially withdrawn from the uni as described above.

There were no other letters sent to me (double-checked through my Customer Reference account) after withdrawing.

Thank you in advance.
Original post by R73
Hi,

Last year I've applied for Student Finance for a university course. Ultimately, I changed my mind and withdrew long before the beginning of the academic year (in early July). I've then received an official confirmation from UCAS stating that they were informed by my university that I've withdrawn. All was fine, but just a few days ago I've received a suspicious letter from Student Finance Services. It's basically informing me about applying for next year student finances (I think a standard letter of such kind). The thing that bothers me is that one paragraph states: "In 2016/17, you received student finance that was not based on your household income(...)".

With the letter comes a pre-filled form with some of my last year personal data adjusted to next academic year.

Should I contact SFS officially, by letter, and sort out the issue, or is it safe to ignore? As I have not received any funds, and have officially withdrawn from the uni as described above.

There were no other letters sent to me (double-checked through my Customer Reference account) after withdrawing.

Thank you in advance.

Contact them just incase
Original post by R73
Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

You should be absolutely fine to disregard this letter as this will have been sent out automatically as our system has recognised you had an application for last year.

We won't have made any payments unless you had returned your declaration form to us AND the university have told us that you've been attending so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

You may wish to contact our EU Team on 0141 243 3570 just to make sure no funding has been paid.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending