What is Eurovision? (95)
17.59%
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
It's that amazing time of the year again - EUROVISION!!!!!! :eek4:

The first semi final is tonight at 8pm on BBC Four. For the full Eurovision low-down, check out this thread. :dance:

You can also vote IN REAL TIME by visiting the wonderful TSR Eurovision Vote 2017! Head on over, vote, chat, have a rad time. :excited:

Will you be watching Eurovision this year? Who's your favourite?

Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I detest Eurovision with every atom of my being. :yucky:

/miserable
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
can't believe 6 people don't know what eurovision is...
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I can't WAIT. Just annoyed I'll have to miss the first hour of it because I'll be at work :indiff:
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I probably don't. I am not interest in watching Eurovision song contest for years.

(Original post by bizzy_penguin)
can't believe 6 people don't know what eurovision is...
31 people by now. Looks like an enormous minority does not bother.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've not watched it since I was a kid. I think the last time I watched it, Lordi won :teehee:
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can't believe 50 don't know what it is
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Spock's Socks)
I've not watched it since I was a kid. I think the last time I watched it, Lordi won :teehee:
That is really a long while? when the Finnish band won? in 2005? in 2004? earlier? it is such a long time ago that I can't remember.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is there going to be a trans-species competitor this time?

(No, of course I won't be watching that.)
Cognition!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I try to only watch the grand final- some of the songs which make it through are so awful that I hate to think what those which didn't qualify are like!
jenhasdreams
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm going to a Eurovision party - we choose a country each, and you have to cook food related to that country and wear fancy dress related to that country. There's a quiz and of course a lot of drinking.

I'm Hungary, I'm dressing as a "Hungary Hungary Hippo" (because it was suggested to me whilst tipsy and I found it pretty funny), and my boyfriend is Poland, and is dressing as a sexy milkmaid from their 2014 entry. He's a rather hairy man so it's an incredible costume.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cognition!)
I try to only watch the grand final- some of the songs which make it through are so awful that I hate to think what those which didn't qualify are like!
I would wactching the award for points, if anything. It is the same: most of the songs are average, some of them are awful and lesser than a handful are really good to listen.
Snufkin
Report 2 years ago
Wow, so many TSRians don't watch Eurovision?! You guys are missing out. It is fabulous.

(Original post by jenhasdreams)
I'm going to a Eurovision party - we choose a country each, and you have to cook food related to that country and wear fancy dress related to that country. There's a quiz and of course a lot of drinking.

I'm Hungary, I'm dressing as a "Hungary Hungary Hippo" (because it was suggested to me whilst tipsy and I found it pretty funny), and my boyfriend is Poland, and is dressing as a sexy milkmaid from their 2014 entry. He's a rather hairy man so it's an incredible costume.
:sexface:
hpiercey3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Eurovision week is my favourite week of the year! Of course I'm watching without fail, and tweeting, and snapchatting...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (412)
67.21%
No (201)
32.79%

Watched Threads