The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Degree classification for Roehampton University

Does anyone know how they calculate the degree classification (Roehampton University)
"Degrees are calculated using your best 100 credits at X level and your next best 100 credits at N/X level"
What does this actually mean as in percentages, for example how much does year 2 count?

Thanks
Reply 1
Add up the best 5 units (assuming you have all 20 credit units). Ignore the one lowest mark (your sixth module). Do that for years two and three. divide the number by 10 gives you your overall mark and hence classification. There is some rounding. So if that calculation gives you 69 you still get a first, 59 a 2.1 etc. Hope that helps.
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by JaneKent
Add up the best 5 units (assuming you have all 20 credit units). Ignore the one lowest mark (your sixth module). Do that for years two and three. divide the number by 10 gives you your overall mark and hence classification. There is some rounding. So if that calculation gives you 69 you still get a first, 59 a 2.1 etc. Hope that helps.

Would they consider you a 2.1 if you get a 58?
Reply 3
Original post by Hay56
Would they consider you a 2.1 if you get a 58?

No unfortunately, that would be a 2:2 https://www.roehampton.ac.uk/48e057/globalassets/documents/quality-and-standards/taught-degree-regulations-2016-17-nov-2016.pdf See pages 19-20
Reply 4

I just checked this now, I have found out how they do it, apparently you can also drop another module from year 2 and use the remaining module from year 3 if its better, but still thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Hi, but if in year 2 you have 4 good marks and 2 low ones but you get all high marks in year 4 are they gonna ignore the low marks in year 2 or does it have to be in both year? thank you
Reply 6
Hi, I was wondering how the university calculates each students classification. I did really well in third-year but I didn't do so well in second-year as I got a third in 2 modules. Will they ignore the 2 thirds I got in second-year, or will they only ignore my lowest grade from second-year to calculate my overall grade ?
Reply 7

Hi, I was wondering how the university calculates each students classification. I did really well in third-year but I didn't do so well in second-year as I got a third in 2 modules. Will they ignore the 2 thirds I got in second-year, or will they only ignore my lowest grade from second-year to calculate my overall grade ?
How do they do Im in my final year and wanted to know how do they calculate the marks
Hi , I completed my foundation degree and graduating this year with a top up degree at Roehampton University . Does the 2nd year foundation contribute towards the final grade? If so, i had 6 modules in the 2nd year and 5 in the top up. How do i work that out?.

Quick Reply

Latest