Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Could I get an offer for medicine with these GCSE'S and As's? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    "Coulda, shoulda, woulda are the last words of a fool" (a.k.a Daveo the semi-literate medic).
    LOL! I don't regret my C in general studies at all, i'm rather proud of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Ok, a very slight help/aid to the application, but nothing more, that's what I thought to.
    Yeh, it's nothing to cream your pants over, but every little helps.

Interview + Tests is the biggie, biggie, biggie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    it's nothing to cream your pants over
    Was that really necessary sweetie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    LOL! I don't regret my C in general studies at all, i'm rather proud of it
    Something to tell your ugly children then.

ReputationRep:
    OMG, what did you think of the feminist paper (Module 3, yet we took it first?)

Ahhh yes, what was that about, one of the sources with the calendar thingy ?!!! I told them to shut the hell up and stop talking crap, I reckn that's where I lost some marks!

LOL.
    I think that examiners view this kind of thing as gutsy, you know!

Take English Literature and the poetry - I'm confronted with an absolutely ridiculous question, premised on a crap assertion (that bears no semblance to reality). I have two options:

1. To enter lapdog mode and answer the question in a generally compliant and phallus-sucking manner.

2. To slam the question and basically ask the examiner "why the f*ck are you asking this?"

I opted (and will always opt) for the latter, and it didn't do me any harm!

Crap questions deserve to be slammed (in arenas that permit liberal answers).

ReputationRep:
    In GS anway, there is strong evidence to suggest that extended essay marks are awarded on a numerical rather than critical basis i.e you makes 10 semi-coherent points - you gets 10 marks.

To a fashion - they don't give two craps about what you write! Whether it be intentionally offensive or not.

ReputationRep:
    It's the gayest exam I ever, ever took, it was simply the topic they chose - In my view this exam definitely favoured girls, because they could whine and whine about things and go on etc.

Most boys couldn't even give a damn about any of it or have any opinions on it, simply a nonsense topic.

The other 2 were ok I thought, although the Mozart one was a bit nonsense in bits, but nowhere near as stupid.
    It was basically a case of "Today girls, let's sit down on the carpet and have a mass bawl about women's rights".

I wouldn't have minded this, but the scenario was absolutely rubbish - and totally demeaned any claims of sexism (due to the consensual nature of the activities - i.e. how could somebody have forced a group of educated women to take their kit off?).

I hate questions which are designed to incite an obvious answer, from the obvious factions - and it did leave the average male candidate in No Man's Land, to be honest, as most people aren't prepared to attack the question.
    Therefore it was grossly unfair - and I'm sure girls scored better on it than boys.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.