af786
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hi guys, i am thinking to do my project on stress and eating behavior and its implications for obesity. apart from the obvious reasons what other logical reasons could there be to study this topic? so like the rationale. x
Zactopus
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
have you done much reading on previous research in this area? thats probably a good starting point, will also help you come up with an interesting new angle to approach this from. if you have done some reading in this area, what were their reasons for studying it, and what did they suggest to improve research in future?
af786
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Zactopus)
have you done much reading on previous research in this area? thats probably a good starting point, will also help you come up with an interesting new angle to approach this from. if you have done some reading in this area, what were their reasons for studying it, and what did they suggest to improve research in future?
Hey, yes i am doing that.

Here is what i have found so far as potential literature gaps
:

- Why the direction in eating behavior is a negative one i.e high-density foods (i,e, foods rich in fat.suar) are consumed over low-density foods (i.e. fruit & veg)

-Lack of research towards the cultural backgrounds/ethnicity of participants - different cultures respond to stress in a different way

- Studies have not looked into the activity undertaken immediately prior to eating, to develop a more accurate idea of exactly how high perceived levels of stress can affect eating patterns.
- Previous research hasn’t constructed a more detailed understanding of participant details such as their socio-economic status, level of nutritional knowledge, cultural norms and lifestyle, financial situation

In terms of future research, studies have mentioned looking into:

- coping strategies/preventative measures

- how a person’s weight impacts the relationship between stress and eating behaviors.

-Possible moderating variables that may influence dietary habits e.g. self -esteem
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So ye i just need to find a new way to to address the relationship between stress and eating behaviours !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (8)
14.04%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (13)
22.81%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (4)
7.02%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (8)
14.04%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (4)
7.02%
I think it's an unfair expectation (18)
31.58%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
3.51%

Watched Threads