The Student Room Group

Cuban music in Cambridge

If this is the wrong place to post this, I'm sorry, and could someone move it?

I'm starting at Cambridge in October, and I was wondering if there are any opportunities to play Cuban music anywhere in town. I know there are dance classes, but I can't dance to save my life - it's the playing I want.

Even here in Newcastle we sometimes have jam sessions and stuff. If there's nothing going, does anyone who's there or going to be there want to get together and start something? I play percussion - timbales mostly, but congas, bongos, campana, anything - and a little bit of tres :smile:
Reply 1
hello!I'm not living in Cambridge, but im moving to Bristol this October and will probably visit Cambridge from time to time so if you want we can play together then! I'm a flutist interested a lot in Cuban music (mostly charanga music but anything would be great, in case i can dance too, ha ha). I don't have too much experience in playing in a Cuban band but will do my best :smile:Kasia
Reply 2
Hi I’m looking to find GraingerTown as per email below to play music. Can anybody help please? Thanks, Orla
Aquí estoy

Quick Reply

Latest