Why do people not like Tim Farron? Watch

Abbietha
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What are your reasons for not liking him or what are your reasons for liking him?
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Abbietha)
What are your reasons for not liking him or what are your reasons for liking him?
Who?
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's a bit like asking someone's opinion on Queen of the South's defensive tactics.
RJDG14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I know a few hardcore liberals have concern over his religious belief. The way I look at it is that he believes one thing for himself while he believes another thing for other people (for instance, I'm sure he doesn't want to take cannabis himself, yet he understands that it's the choice of other people if they do so). Therefore I don't have any issue with him being the party leader.
United1892
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He's a homophobic bigot, who leads are party heavily responsible for many horrific policies coming into force.
RJDG14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well I'm bisexual and don't have a problem with him. I'd say that despite his religion, he tries to differ his personal views with his views on other people.
username2808800
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He is left wing.
metaljoe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He is undemocratic as he wants to keep staging referendums until he gets the vote that he wants. Furthermore he wants to retain access to the single market which means that we must accept free movement which I strongly oppose.
Cognition!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I like the fact that the Liberal Democrats are the only party thinking about a second EU referendum. They were only ever meant to be advisory...

And saying things about his religion, or how he's a bit of a eurosceptic, etc to gain more votes is justified when it's for a better agenda than any other party.
viffer
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tootles)
Who?
I could be mistaken but I suspect that there is a clue in the thread title
_Ddraig_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
His pronunciation of Brexit, "Breggsit", is irritating.

Spoiler:
Show
Not the real reason of course, but it is irritating.
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cognition!)
I like the fact that the Liberal Democrats are the only party thinking about a second EU referendum. They were only ever meant to be advisory...
It was made absolutely clear during the referendum campaign that the result whatever it was should be respected. What's the point in holding a referendum if you're just going to ignore the result because "oh well, it's only advisory"? And if you think referendums are only advisory, why hold a second one after losing the first?
jadey.tw
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cognition!)

And saying things about his religion, or how he's a bit of a eurosceptic, etc to gain more votes is justified when it's for a better agenda than any other party.
Technically its advisory yes but in practice absolutely not. To ignore that result is to undermine democracy and makes the whole point of it being held redundant if its not going to be listened to.

And to answer the main question: I just don't trust liberal democrats. After Nick Clegg and the whole tuition fees lies everything that Tim Farron says is just grasping at straws and sounds like as soon as they get the seats they want theta abandon everything they've said. He's just populist and his opinions on sexuality aren't helping him either.
RJDG14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jadey.tw)
Technically its advisory yes but in practice absolutely not. To ignore that result is to undermine democracy and makes the whole point of it being held redundant if its not going to be listened to.

And to answer the main question: I just don't trust liberal democrats. After Nick Clegg and the whole tuition fees lies everything that Tim Farron says is just grasping at straws and sounds like as soon as they get the seats they want theta abandon everything they've said. He's just populist and his opinions on sexuality aren't helping him either.
I don't consider the tuition fees flaw from 2010 a lie. The party stands for what they say, it's just that some of their policies are a little idealistic so they can't put all their manifesto into reality if elected.
CherishFreedom
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He is a nobody imo. He and his party will do anything to get in power, and will do nothing when in power.
United1892
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fleky6910)
He is left wing.
He's not though is he
Cognition!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RF_PineMarten)
It was made absolutely clear during the referendum campaign that the result whatever it was should be respected. What's the point in holding a referendum if you're just going to ignore the result because "oh well, it's only advisory"? And if you think referendums are only advisory, why hold a second one after losing the first?
(Original post by jadey.tw)

The margin which voted Leave does not warrant leaving the European Union: half of people wish to remain; and half wish to leave (especially as more Leavers have changed their mind than Remainers, and many Remainerers were confident about the outcome as a consequence). If 75% had been in favour of Leave, then we'd be talking.
WhatAToole8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Aside from not being able to stand his face nor voice, his policies are deplorable. Take this from a Labour supporter.
saffarinda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RJDG14)
I don't consider the tuition fees flaw from 2010 a lie. The party stands for what they say, it's just that some of their policies are a little idealistic so they can't put all their manifesto into reality if elected.
Yeah, I mean every party's manifesto is idealistic in some way - the likelihood of Theresa May eliminating the deficit by 2025 is incredibly unlikely.
Censorship Team
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Far to liberal for my liking- for a so called die-hard christian he wants to take an unnecessary measure of bringing in 50-60,000 syrian refugees increasing the islam share of the population not many die-hard christians like immigration of any kind. The hardcore ones in Birmingham City center are throwing the book at them.

For me I admire him for meeting the public- on the other hand i despise him for his far left views on brexit and immigration- another 50,000 syrian migrants- ask German and Swedish people, not politicians what they think of the migrants- you will get overall negative views. Just to be-little one of Tim Farron's policies

He wants 50,000 syrian refugees-fair enough i get the lefts view on this one they want to remove people from war, to be compassionate. What i do not get, understand or accept is how its a good thing,

You have
Cologne NYE rapes- covered up by the german media
Sweden terror attacks - the PM said no more mass immigration
countless other attacks covered up by Merkel including the shopping mall one

The problem is when you have a terrorist manual- Inspire on the internet downloadable to radicalise people you may aswell have a white flag if you let them in en masse
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (19)
27.94%
No (37)
54.41%
Don't know (12)
17.65%

Watched Threads