Theresa may wants to bring back fox hunting.

Watch this thread
Aliccam
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Does anyone agree with this?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7726506.html
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Aliccam)

As a sheep, I am most definitely going to agree.

But seriously... they are such pests on our farm. I'd be incline to agree.
the bear
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
there is another current thred

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4701706
Jammy Duel
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Lots of people agree, a third of the population according to polling in fact

Posted from TSR Mobile
kozí kluk
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Lots of people agree, a third of the population according to polling in fact

Posted from TSR Mobile
:rofl2: More people want to bring back cannabis.
Jammy Duel
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kozí kluk)
:rofl2: More people want to bring back cannabis.
60:40 split for those with opinions in favour of keeping the ban. The interesting thing though is over time the gap has closed not because hunting support is going up but because ban support is shifting to apathy

I've heard figures of 84% support for the ban, something tells me that's in newspaper in article polling which ultimately comes down to which side has the greater social media following and which paper is used.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wōden
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I lean towards agree (the reality is, the ban is already widely ignored in many rural areas and generally unenforcable). Whilst I am fond of foxes, they are highly destructive as anyone who has ever kept poultry will tell you and their numbers need to be controlled. The alternative would be to relax the firearms laws slightly, and allow easier access to hunting rifles. This would help solve the deer overpopulation problem too.
E102
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Wōden)
I lean towards agree (the reality is, the ban is already widely ignored in many rural areas and generally unenforcable). Whilst I am fond of foxes, they are highly destructive as anyone who has ever kept poultry will tell you and their numbers need to be controlled. The alternative would be to relax the firearms laws slightly, and allow easier access to hunting rifles. This would help solve the deer overpopulation problem too.
Foxes kill under 5% of livestock. It is your right to keep your animals protected, your fault if they die. The foxes are only hunting to survive, you cannot assume superiority over them when it is their land as much, if not more, than yours.
E102
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Wōden)
You wanna know what kills more livestock than any fox? Humans
Chicken.M.
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
As a sheep, I am most definitely going to agree.

But seriously... they are such pests on our farm. I'd be incline to agree.
(Original post by Wōden)

I'm pretty sure it's legal for farmers to shoot and kill foxes on their own land. It's just the fox hunting sport with packs of dogs and horses thats banned.
the bear
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Theresa is a fox, nomsayin' ?
Wōden
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
I'm pretty sure it's legal for farmers to shoot and kill foxes on their own land. It's just the fox hunting sport with packs of dogs and horses thats banned.
Yes it is legal to shoot foxes and deer, however not enough people are currently doing so because the rules around the licensing and use of rifles in particular are so needlessly strict. Shotguns are significantly easier to obtain, and that's what most land owners and shooters will go for, but they aren't really suitable for foxes, and certainly not for deer.
Wōden
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by catmckie)
I definitely don't agree. I mean come on, how hypocritical is it that we want to kill all of the foxes because "they're killing all our cows and sheep!" when we're no different, we kill them too? Humans aren't the only flipping species on the planet, and the foxes do it to survive! The country's wildlife is diminishing at a fast enough rate already thanks.
Nobody wants to kill all of the foxes, only control their population size.

If you really care about our country's wildlife and natural infrastructure, then stop voting for parties that keep allowing hundreds of thousands of migrants into our country every year, who drive up the population, fuel urbanisation, force us to build on more and more rural land, make us more dependent on food imports, drive up our energy needs and put thousands more cars on the roads leading to more congestion and increased pollution. That's what is destroying our wildlife, not hunting.
MildredMalone
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
There's a difference between killing foxes which actively pose a risk to your livelihood and/or pets, and killing foxes for fun, in a manner which gives them a painful death at the jaws of ravenous dogs.
TaserFace
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago

Yes we should kill all the Jewish Fox's we see. We should launch 56 tomahawk missiles directly into Middlesbrough the lair of the devils(Foxes) any civilian casualties will be for the greater good.

I think I have made my point clear
vote me for PM this year and we will terminate all the Muslims... erm I mean foxes... yeah... foxes

see you bye
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by catmckie)
I definitely don't agree. I mean come on, how hypocritical is it that we want to kill all of the foxes because "they're killing all our cows and sheep!" when we're no different, we kill them too? Humans aren't the only flipping species on the planet, and the foxes do it to survive! The country's wildlife is diminishing at a fast enough rate already thanks.
We kill livestock because they've been raised precisely to provide food for humans, and foxes killing them prevents that and can impact on a farmer's livelihood.

Foxes are not diminishing in any way, shape or form. They are widespread, and are not anywhere near endangered. People who control foxes (generally through shooting) don't aim to wipe them out on their patch.
Jammy Duel
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MildredMalone)
There's a difference between killing foxes which actively pose a risk to your livelihood and/or pets, and killing foxes for fun, in a manner which gives them a painful death at the jaws of ravenous dogs.
Surprised it took this long too see somebody going for the emotional jugular, funny how that's all the anti hunt people seem capable of

Posted from TSR Mobile
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
Correct, they're a pest and a half. Their population needs to be controlled, the best way is probably by hunting.
MildredMalone
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Surprised it took this long too see somebody going for the emotional jugular, funny how that's all the anti hunt people seem capable of

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not anti-hunting, but chasing foxes down on horses with dogs is just cruel. It's like the difference between normal meat and halal.
mirko123
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago

You know, hunters are also not allowed to hunt as much as their will. And the hunters themself are in my experiance the people who care more about animals and their enviroment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (56)
26.17%
As I expected (68)
31.78%
Harder (82)
38.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.74%

Watched Threads