The Student Room Group

WJEC Further Maths 2017 Exams

Scroll to see replies

S2 was mostly okay because I stupidly screwed up the confidence interval question by not multiplying the standard error by 2 for both parts. Not sure if I'll get any follow through... Most people I've talked to didn't progress very far with the uniform though which was surprising seeing as it was really similar to a past paper we did
Found S2 absolutely awful!! Attempted everything but had to guess most. Think it was the wording of the questions tbh cause I didn't know what they were asking half the time. Found question 4 and 5 the worst but have never seen pass paper quite like it (as in style of questions)
Hi does anyone have the mark scheme for S2, I'm unable to access the other link as its all in Welsh.
Original post by FusionNetworks
Markscheme and question paper can always be found on mathemateg shortly after the exam, if you didn't know.

I made an account but I cant find the mark scheme, do you know where it is?
Original post by Georgiaburke19
I made an account but I cant find the mark scheme, do you know where it is?

S2 is not up, yet.
Original post by FusionNetworks
S2 is not up, yet.

Okay thank you, do you have any idea when it will be up.

Hopefully soon, i really want to see it
Reply 47

Someone asked on twitter but no reply as of yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by EllieBee98
Hopefully soon, i really want to see it

S2 is up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where can I find it?
Reply 50
Original post by phaggatron5001
The examiners' report says this:

Does anyone know if they'd still award full marks for that kind of proof?

They would. It's just that proving it like that is way harder than using identities, I think that's what they mean by disappointing (disappointing that candidates would make it harder for themselves)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 51
I've been neglecting FP3 recently, really need to get back into it
Reply 52
Good luck to those sitting M2 tomorrow! Hopefully we all get 75/75 :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Thoughts on M2? Overall hard paper (perhaps hardest) in my opinion. I thought projectiles was nasty, the energy question was unusual and both circular motion questions proved challenging. Would like to see mathemategs solutions; I think(hope) I've done alright

Posted from TSR Mobile
M2 was definitely the hardest paper so far, I couldn't figure out the projectiles question at all
Reply 55
Original post by AverageJoe77
M2 was definitely the hardest paper so far, I couldn't figure out the projectiles question at all

My two iffy answers. I got v=30√3 m/s on projectiles though some people I know got 15√3 m/s - that was my vertical component however.

On the energy question I got 244kJ though I'm very unsure on this & haven't heard anyone else's answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got v = 15root(3) and around 244kJ for the energy question. Pretty hard paper.
How did you go about answering it? I know I got part a wrong
Original post by AverageJoe77
How did you go about answering it? I know I got part a wrong

As they collide, their vertical heights must at one point during their motion. The time at which both projectiles attain this height must also be the same.
So we can say:

y = 15sin60t - 1/2(g)(t)^2 = Vsin30 - 1/2(g)(t)^2
=> 15sin60t = Vsin30t
=> 15sin60 = Vsin30
=> V = 15sin60/sin30 = 15root(3)
I got the projectiles question but the question on work done against resistive forces shot me in the foot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending