The Student Room Group

WJEC Further Maths 2017 Exams

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Thought both exams were quite nice to be honest. The rate of work done q on M3 was weird and I doubt my answer is correct. The SHM was spicy but im fairly confident I did it fine.

On S3 the sampling distributions was unusual and I unfortunately calculated E(X) instead of the mode. The rest of the paper was very nice, including that 20 mark unbiased estimators q.

How did everyone else find them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Do you happen to have the markscheme in English please my Welsh is very bad haha!:smile:)
S3 was golden! Such a relief after the dreadful M2
Reply 83
M3 was OK I think but I messed up some bits and didn't have time to check my paper so I'm hoping I haven't made too many mistakes! I stupidly forgot A in terms of t was X differentiated twice for the first question! Easiest bit lol oh well!😂😂
Good luck to all those sitting the FP2 exam tomorrow!
Reply 85
Original post by Welshstig
Good luck to all those sitting the FP2 exam tomorrow!

Good luck to you too mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you all think of FP2?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by masterofdisguise
What did you all think of FP2?

Quite an easy paper. Managed to mess up one bit so I believe I scored 70/75 ...dammit
Nice paper overall, just not sure about 7c(expression for s it terms of t). What did you guys get?
Reply 89
Original post by Solomon16
Nice paper overall, just not sure about 7c(expression for s it terms of t). What did you guys get?

This is the question I failed on...I thought q2 (the integral) was a little tricky but only until you spotted to do algebraic division

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was so confident but messed up on quite a few questions, so I'm a bit disappointed. Didn't get the integration question right. Just have to make up for it in FP3
Yeah I was fairly confident too, q2 was checky and I forgot how to do the de movire question in terms of cos theta until the end where I forgot to divide through by 32 , think I'll get no marks for the integral part b then but oh well, overall though quite good paper.
Reply 92
For 7)c I got s = -2/t - t

I'm just happy none of the ellipse/hyperbola stuff came up. Felt good about that paper.
Reply 93
I felt somewhat enlightened during that FP3 exam. I found it very tough but I'm hoping for near full marks! This question caught me out until the very end

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Original post by 98matt
I felt somewhat enlightened during that FP3 exam. I found it very tough but I'm hoping for near full marks! This question caught me out until the very end

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that :biggrin:
(if you want some comparison I was 1/6 that got it in my class)
Reply 95
What did everyone think in comparison to other years?
Reply 96
Original post by gkirk
I got that :biggrin:
(if you want some comparison I was 1/6 that got it in my class)

I didn't spot the derivative until 5 mins until the end of the exam. Felt very happy when it finally clicked :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 98matt
I didn't spot the derivative until 5 mins until the end of the exam. Felt very happy when it finally clicked :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't an easier method just using the u substitution u = x^4?
Reply 98
Original post by Gossamer_Gopher
Isn't an easier method just using the u substitution u = x^4?

My mate did this. It works though he mucked up his limits. Personally I think the derivative method is much easier provided you spot what to do (which is the hard bit). I suspect there are 2-3 accepted methods for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 98matt
My mate did this. It works though he mucked up his limits. Personally I think the derivative method is much easier provided you spot what to do (which is the hard bit). I suspect there are 2-3 accepted methods for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry if I'm totally forgetting something crucial here, but weren't the initial limits 1 and 0? If so, the u sub doesn't change the limits at all.

I think I lack the insight to find the derivitive under an exam situation - so fair play there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending