The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Nope, I emailed the accommodations office yesterday:

"Thank you for your e-mail which we received today.

We are in the process of allocating places and should you
have been successful you will receive the residence
agreement in the post some time next week.

As you are an overseas student, you will hav two weeks from
the postmark to accept the offer made to you."
Reply 2
I got an offer for Hughes Parry three weeks ago, but then KCL declined my war studies offer, I missed the conditional offer by one grade...
:frown: :mad: :confused: :frown:

Congratulations kingslaw... :biggrin: :biggrin:
caer
Nope, I emailed the accommodations office yesterday:

"Thank you for your e-mail which we received today.

We are in the process of allocating places and should you
have been successful you will receive the residence
agreement in the post some time next week.

As you are an overseas student, you will hav two weeks from
the postmark to accept the offer made to you."

Ooh cool, i hope the ppl who didnt get in all applied for stamford street so that i can now live there!! :biggrin: I dont suppose you know how long home students will have to accept offers? I'm going away on wednesday (to london of all places) so i do hope i get something through by then..
Reply 4
Rikku
I got an offer for Hughes Parry three weeks ago, but then KCL declined my war studies offer, I missed the conditional offer by one grade...
:frown: :mad: :confused: :frown:

Congratulations kingslaw... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Unlucky Rikku. War Studies, from what I hear, is a very very popular course, so you were unlucky not to get in. Have you tried phoning them up and begging???
Reply 5
yeah, they told me to try to phone again on Monday,
but I am accepted at SOAS, for Development Studies, and at SOAS they told me I can change the course to Economics(which I would now prefer - I change my mind a lot)at the end of the first year, and that it's easy because Development Studies and Economics share most subjects in the first year. So
I'm quite forward to that...

It sux though because I have read everything about the Strand campus, about the social life, about the course ect. and I was really looking forward to Hughes Parry hall..everything all different now.

now I don't even have a place to live in.. the halls are full and I have absolutly NO REFERENCE about the independant halls, so I'm quite scared, to be honest, to go there... :confused:
Reply 6
Have heard nothing and I am itching to know! Caer - my friend who is going to the LSE as a home student had two weeks to reply, however, that was a while ago, so it may be a bit less considering how late it has taken King's to dish out the accomodation offers.
Do they let home & international know at the same time?? Eg. if caer can expect to hear from them in the next week, then would it be the same for me (in devon), or would it take less time.. or perhaps for some reason, more?

I really want to know where i'm going to be!! It will make things all seem a lot more real to have a definite location..
Reply 8
eternalsunshine
Do they let home & international know at the same time?? Eg. if caer can expect to hear from them in the next week, then would it be the same for me (in devon), or would it take less time.. or perhaps for some reason, more?

I really want to know where i'm going to be!! It will make things all seem a lot more real to have a definite location..

Probably would take less time, but I live in Sweden so I don't think that the post take that much longer to get here.. Argh I want to start planning now, need to know what to pack!
Reply 9
Yay am so excited about going to Kings! Just waiting to find out about accommodation details now :smile: Not long to wait now though! Let me know Kingslaw!
Reply 10
Rikku
now I don't even have a place to live in.. the halls are full and I have absolutly NO REFERENCE about the independant halls, so I'm quite scared, to be honest, to go there... :confused:

Surely you can keep your place in Hughes-Parry if your going to another University of London college??? Its an intercollegiate hall, so it should make no difference. Phone up and see if you can keep your place at Hughes-Parry.

If they dont let you, well, they're complete b*stards.
Reply 11
Anyone had any news yet??
Reply 12
kingslaw
Anyone had any news yet??

http://www.uk-learning.net/t59881.html :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending