The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

International Studies

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone had taken the International Studies course? Will be finishing my Masters of Engineering in 2018 but it's become pretty clear to me that I regret the projection I'm on, and I wish I had done humanities relating to politics.

I have seen that UoL (i.e LSE) do a course in International Relations that looks very good but I hear that distance learning with them is pretty dreadful and all of the assessment is 3hr long exams.

I'm just looking for opinions of those who have taken it. I will likely be working full time when I begin. How much pressure does the course put on you?
Reply 1
Hi! I don't know if I'll be any help but I've just finished the first module now studying part time. I'm working part time too and it isn't that stressful to complete but if i studied it full time it would have been a lot harder, probably ending up studying all day:bawling: Generally, the time frame and quality of the module has been pretty good - i'd say about 4-5 weeks between assessments with a week before to help prepare (Introducing social sciences module). it should outline on the website how many assignments you get :smile: Hope i helped! :biggrin:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest