transferred malice Watch

rebeccael28
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
what would you include in a question on this? AQA AS Unit 2 exam.. is it likely to come up as a question by itself, if not then where would it come up?
Undefined..
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I'm doing AS now as well. I'm pretty sure transferred malice can come up by itself, so maybe a question like "Explain the rules of Transferred Malice in Criminal Law", or this one was even in the June 14 paper:
"Outline the actus reus and mens rea of the offence of inflicting grievous bodily harm under s20 Offences Against the Person Act 1861 and the principle of transferred malice. Discuss whether this offence and the principle of transferred malice could be applied to Olivia’s injury"

My notes pretty much say: Transferred Malice is where the Mens Rea is transferred from the intended victim to the actual victim. This covers circumstances such as when a persons hits another persons and causes them to knock into another or you shoot at one person but accidentally hit another person. --- You'd then put a case example in as well, so Pembilton, etc. But then also explain the rules:

• Mens Rea directed at one person or object is transferred to another.
  • Transferred person to person or object to object only.
  • Cannot be transferred to person to object or vice versa.

Hope this helps!
rebeccael28
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Undefined..)
Hey, I'm doing AS now as well. I'm pretty sure transferred malice can come up by itself, so maybe a question like "Explain the rules of Transferred Malice in Criminal Law", or this one was even in the June 14 paper:
"Outline the actus reus and mens rea of the offence of inflicting grievous bodily harm under s20 Offences Against the Person Act 1861 and the principle of transferred malice. Discuss whether this offence and the principle of transferred malice could be applied to Olivia’s injury"

My notes pretty much say: Transferred Malice is where the Mens Rea is transferred from the intended victim to the actual victim. This covers circumstances such as when a persons hits another persons and causes them to knock into another or you shoot at one person but accidentally hit another person. --- You'd then put a case example in as well, so Pembilton, etc. But then also explain the rules:

• Mens Rea directed at one person or object is transferred to another.
  • Transferred person to person or object to object only.
  • Cannot be transferred to person to object or vice versa.

Hope this helps!
thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
14.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10.05%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.64%

Watched Threads