Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, ego trips over, let's all go home...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamite)
    lets count............there are 5 subjects there......that 4 without biology......so i am not just referring to biolog.....understand?? :rolleyes:
    you don't have to be patronising, remember you might be talking to people with far higher qualifications than you. now now

ReputationRep:
    lets count............there are 5 subjects there......that 4 without biology......so i am not just referring to biolog.....understand?? :rolleyes:
    talking to me in a patronizing manner is only confirming my assumption that ur an arrogant ****.

ReputationRep:
    we will never know.........
    It's not about who's better at Biology, it's about you being an idiot. I got 295 in Bio, so yes theoretically, I can do better. I'm not going to retake though, and even if I was, it would be my decision to make, I wouldn't ask other people if I should retake, because it's quite obvious I don't need to. I'd never be insensitive enough to post "I could get a few more marks on this, shall I, just so my A can be a bit better and I can feel like a super duper genius?", which is what your post implies anyway. If you want to retake it, because you know you can do better (which, by the way, only you know, none of us do so asking doesn't help), then go for it, just stop telling us about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vladek)
    we're having a debate here, quit hitting on people ok
    If you were able to look beyond the basic innuendo, then perhaps you would have appreciated the tongue-in-cheek undertones of my post. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    anyone that got low A grades at AS is 50/50 likely to drop a grade at A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasedIt)
    anyone that got low A grades at AS is 50/50 likely to drop a grade at A2
    That person didn't get a low A though, so that's irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    If you were able to look beyond the basic innuendo, then perhaps you would have appreciated the tongue-in-cheek undertones of my post. :rolleyes:
    Well peeerhaps if you had looked at my post you'd notice i wasn't being serious

ReputationRep:
    If someone has a score of 280+ (which in itself is fabulous), why shouldn't they stick their necks out doing retakes - if they think they can achieve near to 300?

I don't see a problem with this, afterall, the AS-level is the easy part - and I'd rather be in the position of needing only a low D at A2 (to secure an overall A) than not. Wouldn't you? If retakes can facilitate this, then I'm all for them. Although I hasten to add that I don't know anything about Biology Module 2 - so I'm oblivious to the state of play really...

ReputationRep:
    Well peeerhaps if you had looked at my post you'd notice i wasn't being serious
    I don't need to read any of your posts to understand that. You're quite obviously a joker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    If someone has a score of 280+ (which in itself is fabulous), why shouldn't they stick there necks out doing retakes - if they think they can achieve near to 300?

I don't see a problem with this, afterall, the AS-level is the easy part - and I'd rather be in the position of needing only a low D at A2 (to secure an overall A) than not. Wouldn't you? If retakes can facilitate this, then I'm all for them. Although I hasten to add that I don't know anything about Biology Module 2 - so I'm oblivious to the state of play really...
    When you were younger and played games like monoploy did you re roll the dice if you got a number that you didn't want?

edit, well aren't we on form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    That person didn't get a low A though, so that's irrelevant.
    yer but it dont matter, by nxt year they gonna mark the a2s so harsh, the only bad thing about re takes is that unis in the russel group dunt look up 2 em as good

ReputationRep:
    yer but it dont matter, by nxt year they gonna mark the a2s so harsh, the only bad thing about re takes is that unis in the russel group dunt look up 2 em as good
    If that was typed out properly it might almost be credible.

The guy is clearly on an ego trip. There is a justification to resitting however though that is purely his own choice and need'nt involve the attentions of anyone he can find to pour out details to.

ReputationRep:
    No harsher than they normally do. Also, I'd think about learning to construct a sentence properly before you apply to any Russell Group unis.

Anyway, I think some people are missing my point. It's obvious he doesn't need to do retakes, if he wants to though, that's fine, he can toddle off and do that. What I'm saying is, I don't appreicate him posting oh my 270+ isn't good enough, when there are people on this board who got much less than that and were happy with it, until they read posts like his, and he shouldn't be devaluing other people's achievements. I'm all for aiming for your best, but I don't think he posted because he really wanted advice, he's just boating... this coupled with his sig, and general arrogant tone, only goes to confirm this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    If that was typed out properly it might almost be credible.

The guy is clearly on an ego trip. There is a justification to resitting however though that is purely his own choice and need'nt involve the attentions of anyone he can find to pour out details to.
    oi mate if i wanna talk informally then i will k

the guys got a point if he wants to re take let em re take

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    No harsher than they normally do. Also, I'd think about learning to constructive a sentence properly before you apply to any Russell Group unis.

Anyway, I think some people are missing my point. It's obvious he doesn't need to do retakes, if he wants to though, that's fine, he can toddle off and do that. What I'm saying is, I don't appreicate him posting oh my 270+ isn't good enough, when there are people on this board who got much less than that and were happy with it, until they read posts like his, and he shouldn't be devaluing other people's achievements. I'm all for aiming for your best, but I don't think he posted because he really wanted advice, he's just boating... this coupled with his sig, and general arrogant tone, only goes to confirm this.
    Fine, take it from me, by next year the exam boards are not going to be throwing A's here, there and everywhere.
    By next year, things will change and where i have applied does not concern you

ReputationRep:

(Original post by LifeWired)
    There is a justification to resitting however though that is purely his own choice and need'nt involve the attentions of anyone he can find to pour out details to.

ReputationRep:
    oi mate if i wanna talk informally then i will k

Well for a start you're not actually talking, you're typing and even if you were talking i'd not call missing big chunks of letters out of a word informal, i'd call it a very confusing conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Well for a start you're not actually talking, you're typing and even if you were talking i'd not call missing big chunks of letters out of a word informal, i'd call it a very confusing conversation.
    why so pedantic? see this is why i never post on this board cause people on here are so ****ing lame its unbelievable

ReputationRep:
    why so pedantic? see this is why i never post on this board cause people on here are so ****ing lame its unbelievable
    No, you're lame.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.