Question(s) about male masturbation

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I used to think that masturbation was just something that mainly teenage boys and creepy old men did, but now I keep hearing about various men in their twenties doing it. This surprised me a little because I am not a very sexual person. I'm down for doing sexual stuff with someone if we are dating, but I just don't see the thrill of masturbating every day.

Anyway, my questions are:
  • Do men who masturbate never really grow out of it (until they get old and their sex drive decreases of course)? E.g. would you expect a 35 year-old male to masturbate frequently?
  • Do men still masturbate if they have a sexual partner?
  • Is it pretty much all men who masturbate every day, or just those with a very high sex drive?
  • Do men feel urges to do it, or do they see it as a hobby?

Thank you for your time. Feel free to comment anonymously.
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I used to think that masturbation was just something that mainly teenage boys and creepy old men did, but now I keep hearing about various men in their twenties doing it. This surprised me a little because I am not a very sexual person. I'm down for doing sexual stuff with someone if we are dating, but I just don't see the thrill of masturbating every day.

Anyway, my questions are:
  • Do men who masturbate never really grow out of it (until they get old and their sex drive decreases of course)? E.g. would you expect a 35 year-old male to masturbate frequently?
  • Do men still masturbate if they have a sexual partner?
  • Is it pretty much all men who masturbate every day, or just those with a very high sex drive?
  • Do men feel urges to do it, or do they see it as a hobby?

Thank you for your time. Feel free to comment anonymously.
  1. With very few exceptions everybody masturbates. Including older people, we younger folk like to think they don't because 'ew gross,' but they do.
  2. Yes, we do. Sometimes with the partner, sometimes apart. Alone time is always important, even in a relationship.
  3. One person can't answer a general question like that. But I do it between about once every couple of days and twice a day. Depends how I'm feeling at the time.
  4. I see it as a pretty inconvenient urge, but I try to enjoy it - same as I try to enjoy eating and drinking.
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1. While men have a sex drive, it's more or less a lifetime thing. How often anyone does it is going to vary from person to person and from time to time.

2. Most of them, yes. Sometimes they're not available or interested and sometimes you want some 'me' time without having to worry about what someone else is feeling. Just by itself it adds variety to a sexual life.

3. It varies, from person to person and from time to time. Looked at as a whole, 'most' men don't do it every day, but the younger they are, the more likely they are do do so.

4. As with partner sex, you get different things from it at different times. For some it's a release of sexual tension, others use it to bliss out or get into altered states in a way that some people use drugs to do those things, others use it for fantasy.

All of these answers apply to women too, with the exception that historically, they started doing it later.
iampaigon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1. Who still masterbates ??
2. That's the only time to do it
3. The lower the sex drive, the more men masterbate
4. It's not just a hobby for me, it's a full time job with lots of overtime
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.03%
I'm not sure (2)
1.64%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (38)
31.15%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (57)
46.72%

Watched Threads