The Student Room Group

Yeast infection

So this is a bit gross but I've never had this before but I had it a week ago, I bought the medication and it cleared up. The symptoms are back again and i'm really upset about this...

My boyfriend is coming over tonight and I obviously can't have sex with a yeast infection. I don't know what to do about this.

Is there any effective methods of getting rid of a yeast infection? I tried the pessary but is an oral capsule better?
Original post by Anonymous
So this is a bit gross but I've never had this before but I had it a week ago, I bought the medication and it cleared up. The symptoms are back again and i'm really upset about this...

My boyfriend is coming over tonight and I obviously can't have sex with a yeast infection. I don't know what to do about this.

Is there any effective methods of getting rid of a yeast infection? I tried the pessary but is an oral capsule better?

With yeast infections its important to be persistent.

Use the cream in combination with the pessary or oral tablet to clear up the infection.

Think about maybe what is causing the infection, its best to avoid perfumed products in that area and just to wash with warm water as often soap products can cause pH imbalanced leading to opportunistic yeast infections. Candida infections can be caused by steroid or antibiotic use, as well as birth control pills so if you keep having recurrent infections maybe one of these are the culprit. I used to find certain condoms would cause yeast infections, as would not bathing the area after sex.

It may also be worth if you are having regular intercourse to treat your partner as it could spread between the two of you in some cases, and hence be why you are getting it back.

Personally if it persists i would go to the GP and get it checked out as there may be something they could do for you which is more effective than OTC treatments.
This happened to me also. I just kept regularly using cream even if I didn't have an infection and it kept it at bay. Cranberry juice also helped. Also, if you and him are having sex you should pee and clean yourself down there straight away ( i know, it's a chore) . Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending