The Student Room Group

Lost my virginity yesterday

My starbucks virginity that is. I went into this place I have heard so many good things about I must say, I have never been this disappointed in my life, it tasted like garbage, I paid £3.50 for some nasty iced mocha. The ice wasn't properly crushed and the cream was like some supermarket tier crap the male barista sprayed over the top, but the worst thing was just how bad the coffee was. It tasted like insta-coffee.

I do not see why people go to this awful shop, the only thing I learned from the experience was that I was right all along, don't go to starcucks.

Scroll to see replies

That's why you go with Costa
Well the only thing i've ever tasted in there is the Cappuccino with extra Espresso shot and it's just divine. Maybe try something else next time. I've heard their cold drinks are lovely.
That's why I only drink kopi luwak.
Reply 4
Original post by EternalLight
That's why you go with Costa

Costa is like Tescos, not the best price, not the best quality, but you sort of accept it if you have to.
I have never been, maybe it's just for white people. :moon:
If I want a coffee I tend to go to Pret, sure it's around about the same price, but the coffee is far better and it's so close to the train station. Also, the queues are small and you don't have to wait forever for a coffee like you do in Starbucks.
Reply 7
Original post by Rhythmical
I have never been, maybe it's just for white people. :moon:

it is for white people, white people who want to look like they're sophisticated and interesting for drinking coffee.
I second that, and also not worth the money :colonhash:
My cafe of choice is Patisserie Valerie :smile: It outclasses all others, and isnt full of chavs.
Reply 10
Original post by usagi.tsukino
If I want a coffee I tend to go to Pret, sure it's around about the same price, but the coffee is far better and it's so close to the train station. Also, the queues are small and you don't have to wait forever for a coffee like you do in Starbucks.

I'd sooner buy an iced coffee from McDonalds than go there again, it was the worst piece of crap I have ever in my life drunk outside of an NHS hospital coffee.
qhwite interesting
Reply 12
Original post by Jack22031994
My cafe of choice is Patisserie Valerie :smile: It outclasses all others, and isnt full of chavs.

might give it a go
Original post by l'etranger
might give it a go

You should! Its a little pricey but you get table service too! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Jack22031994
You should! Its a little pricey but you get table service too! :smile:

If I'm going to waste money I might as well waste it better
Reply 15
Been once when someone I was with persuaded me to. Was essentially sugary water with cream
I have shares in Starbucks so be nice! :biggrin:
I don't care how nice it is or isn't, being ripped off at £3.50 a cup puts me off. Buy some nice beans for a cafetière
If I'm going to waste money I might as well waste it better

Yep! lol
My starbucks virginity that is. I went into this place I have heard so many good things about I must say, I have never been this disappointed in my life, it tasted like garbage, I paid £3.50 for some nasty iced mocha. The ice wasn't properly crushed and the cream was like some supermarket tier crap the male barista sprayed over the top, but the worst thing was just how bad the coffee was. It tasted like insta-coffee.

I do not see why people go to this awful shop, the only thing I learned from the experience was that I was right all along, don't go to starcucks.

*goes to a coffee place*

*doesn't buy a coffee*

*judges coffee*

What did you expect?

(and no "iced mochas" or any other iced beverage is not coffee at all)

Go get a black coffee or flat white, not a milkshake. That's like judging a bar/club's alcohol selection by ordering a non-alcoholic beer.

P.S I don't know if it was meant on purpose, but people who use the word "cuck" are f***ing morons. Unless if youre 15 years old, in which case, fair enough.

Quick Reply

Latest