The Student Room Group

PhD loans for EU students

Hello everyone,

I am an EU student and I have been offered a full-time PhD position in a UK University. However, I do not have the funds to support the three years of my studies and I did not get the studentship I was hoping for.
I am now looking for other ideas in order to find solutions to my funding problem. I am aware that the UK government has given the opportunity to UK students to get PhD loans for their studies, but as far as I know, EU students are not yet eligible for such loans but is considering the possibility. I was wondering, are there any news regarding this decision and when there should be an official announcement? I would be grateful to anyone who has more information concerning the matter and would be as kind as to let me know.

Thanks
There is no loan available for PhD as far as I'm aware.
Reply 2
Original post by phdcandidate1
Hello everyone,

I am an EU student and I have been offered a full-time PhD position in a UK University. However, I do not have the funds to support the three years of my studies and I did not get the studentship I was hoping for.
I am now looking for other ideas in order to find solutions to my funding problem. I am aware that the UK government has given the opportunity to UK students to get PhD loans for their studies, but as far as I know, EU students are not yet eligible for such loans but is considering the possibility. I was wondering, are there any news regarding this decision and when there should be an official announcement? I would be grateful to anyone who has more information concerning the matter and would be as kind as to let me know.

Thanks

Not yet. The government has been talking about it, but it hasn't happened yet. No guarantees that it ever will.

Unfortunately you are in the same position as many PhD candidates in the UK. It's easier to get an unfunded PhD offer than it is to find the funding.
Original post by murpo
There is no loan available for PhD as far as I'm aware.

thanks!
i see..thank you for taking the time to aswer!
Original post by Klix88
Not yet. The government has been talking about it, but it hasn't happened yet. No guarantees that it ever will.

Unfortunately you are in the same position as many PhD candidates in the UK. It's easier to get an unfunded PhD offer than it is to find the funding.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending