Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically I am in year 12 and I have covered the following topics as of yet
    Research methods,approaches and memory ( we've done msm,wmm,ltm,interference as explanation and retrieval failure as an explanation forgetting- I think we got 2-3 subtopics yet) , we should finish all of memory this week and then we're moving onto biopsychogy and if we manage to finish that before the holidays then attachments , i really doubt though

So is my class and I behind considered there 3 papers in total
    Do you recommend I study topics that haven't been though in summer holidays ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1_Zainn_)
    Basically I am in year 12 and I have covered the following topics as of yet
    Research methods,approaches and memory ( we've done msm,wmm,ltm,interference as explanation and retrieval failure as an explanation forgetting- I think we got 2-3 subtopics yet) , we should finish all of memory this week and then we're moving onto biopsychogy and if we manage to finish that before the holidays then attachments , i really doubt though

So is my class and I behind considered there 3 papers in total
    Do you recommend I study topics that haven't been though in summer holidays ?
    We sat AS exams last year so had to be at a certain point. This is the breakdown for the exams (this is AQA as it sounds like that's your exam board)

Paper 1 (all AS)
    Social Influence + Memory + Attachment + Psychopathology

Paper 2 (all AS+A2)
    Approaches + Biopsychology + Research Methods

Paper 3 (all A2)
    Issues & Debates
    +
    Relationships OR Gender OR Cognition & Development
    +
    Schizophrenia OR Eating Behaviour OR Stress
    +
    Aggression OR Forensic Psychology OR Addiction

Last year, we had done all of paper 1 and the AS syllabus for paper 2. I would strongly recommend these books:
    https://wordery.com/aqa-psychology-for-a-level-year-1-as-student-book-rob-liddle-9781908682406?currency=GBP&gtrck =MzFiaFlvaWRGWEllWFlJT3VtTXo2Tmx GYk84dWp4Ly9JZmpHY3NyRldPWGk3Z25 1amZ5VmJFMk5kNVI1aENZYXZpYWlqa3R ETVBOQkI3ZlZVOHhlVVE9PQ&gclid=CP 3pzJuR5tMCFW217QodIuENCg
    https://www.bookdepository.com/AQA-Psychology-for-A-Level-Year-2---Student-Book-Cara-Flanagan/9781908682413?redirected=true&ut m_medium=Google&utm_campaign=Bas e1&utm_source=UK&utm_content=AQ A-Psychology-for-A-Level-Year-2---Student-Book&selectCurrency=GBP&w=AFC7AU 96Z6C8RMA80C7JACY1&pdg=kwd-104399445939:cmp-706833756:adg-43726231824:crv-162344087440id-9781908682413&gclid=CKDtv6GR5tMC FQi77Qod1d8ONQ
    as these will tell you which topics are AS and A2. All of the first textbook (AS versions of paper 1 and 2) should realistically be covered before A2 starts (have you not done social influence yet as this is the first topic?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greghayes)
    We sat AS exams last year so had to be at a certain point. This is the breakdown for the exams (this is AQA as it sounds like that's your exam board)

Paper 1 (all AS)
    Social Influence + Memory + Attachment + Psychopathology

Paper 2 (all AS+A2)
    Approaches + Biopsychology + Research Methods

Paper 3 (all A2)
    Issues & Debates
    +
    Relationships OR Gender OR Cognition & Development
    +
    Schizophrenia OR Eating Behaviour OR Stress
    +
    Aggression OR Forensic Psychology OR Addiction

Last year, we had done all of paper 1 and the AS syllabus for paper 2. I would strongly recommend these books:
    https://wordery.com/aqa-psychology-for-a-level-year-1-as-student-book-rob-liddle-9781908682406?currency=GBP&gtrck =MzFiaFlvaWRGWEllWFlJT3VtTXo2Tmx GYk84dWp4Ly9JZmpHY3NyRldPWGk3Z25 1amZ5VmJFMk5kNVI1aENZYXZpYWlqa3R ETVBOQkI3ZlZVOHhlVVE9PQ&gclid=CP 3pzJuR5tMCFW217QodIuENCg
    https://www.bookdepository.com/AQA-Psychology-for-A-Level-Year-2---Student-Book-Cara-Flanagan/9781908682413?redirected=true&ut m_medium=Google&utm_campaign=Bas e1&utm_source=UK&utm_content=AQ A-Psychology-for-A-Level-Year-2---Student-Book&selectCurrency=GBP&w=AFC7AU 96Z6C8RMA80C7JACY1&pdg=kwd-104399445939:cmp-706833756:adg-43726231824:crv-162344087440id-9781908682413&gclid=CKDtv6GR5tMC FQi77Qod1d8ONQ
    as these will tell you which topics are AS and A2. All of the first textbook (AS versions of paper 1 and 2) should realistically be covered before A2 starts (have you not done social influence yet as this is the first topic?)
    No we haven't done no social influence , my exams are all linear so no as so my teacher just pick what she prefers.
    And yh I've got both of those books.
    You're reckon u should go ahead if class and start social influence , is it one of the easiest topics?
    And also u reckon I'm behind considering my exams are all next year ?

ReputationRep:
    No we haven't done no social influence , my exams are all linear so no as so my teacher just pick what she prefers.
    And yh I've got both of those books.
    You're reckon u should go ahead if class and start social influence , is it one of the easiest topics?
    And also u reckon I'm behind considering my exams are all next year ?
    I would look at social as it is a very easy topic to understand so it can be self taught. I'd recommend these over summer:
    - social influence
    - biopsychology (AS+A2)
    - RESEARCH METHODS!! (AS+A2)
    ^no one like this so it's better to get a head start^

ReputationRep:
    I would look at social as it is a very easy topic to understand so it can be self taught. I'd recommend these over summer:
    - social influence
    - biopsychology (AS+A2)
    - RESEARCH METHODS!! (AS+A2)
    ^no one like this so it's better to get a head start^
    I've done RM as and a2 and approaches as and a2 and memory As and A2

I will go over everything in holidays , I will do social influence like u suggested , are there any more topics similar to social influence that are easy to self teach.

And thanks Greg

ReputationRep:
    I've done RM as and a2 and approaches as and a2 and memory As and A2

I will go over everything in holidays , I will do social influence like u suggested , are there any more topics similar to social influence that are easy to self teach.

And thanks Greg
    I would maybe ask your teacher which topics you're doing for paper 3 as these can be not too bad. I'm doing relationships, schizophrenia, and forensics. I find forensics fairly common sensey (maybe because I do law, I don't know).

ReputationRep:
    I would maybe ask your teacher which topics you're doing for paper 3 as these can be not too bad. I'm doing relationships, schizophrenia, and forensics. I find forensics fairly common sensey (maybe because I do law, I don't know).
    Hi Greg for paper 3 I am doing Relatiinship,aggression and schizophrenia

ReputationRep:
    Hi Greg for paper 3 I am doing Relatiinship,aggression and schizophrenia
    Ah cool I quite like relationships as I find it an easy topic. Schizophrenia can be a bit scientific and is quite technical but it's again interesting to learn.

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool I quite like relationships as I find it an easy topic. Schizophrenia can be a bit scientific and is quite technical but it's again interesting to learn.
    You reckon I shall self teach myself relationship, and social influence in the summer holidays in order to go ahead of my class and obviously carry on revising approach ,rm and memory . Hopefully my teacher want to finish bio psychology and start attachments before the holidays.

Also I've got a question for you mate if you don't mind , how would I answer this essay. Describe and evaluate research into the influence of misleading information on the accuracy of eye witness testimony . I've wrote too much arghh

For A01 -i defined what EwT is , I defined what a leading question is , then I talk about what loft us has to say about misleading questions

Second A01 paragraph - I talk about lofted and palmers study

Third a01- I talked about second part of palmers study -broken glass

Then 4 a03 points

My teacher has told me my a01 is too long and I should only outline what a misleading question is as it directly links to question only.
    Help plz is this correct I what full 16 marks , can you plz outline me your structure for a01 in particular for this essay

Thank you mate

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 18, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.