Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have almost completely forgotten everything i've done in the IB.

A few days ago I was looking at the cover of a WWII video and said to myself, 'I didn't do the causes of WWII did I, because I don't remember them' (history HL student). After a few minutes I hit myself, VERY HARDLY, on the head.

My friend who is going to take the IB in 2005 asked me a very simple math question which I could have been able to do in a snap. I couldn't do it.

My English has become so shabby it isn't even funny, you wouldn't believe I got a 7 in A1 HL.

My sister, who is 13, asked me to help her school work in geography and maths. I could barely help her....and I received 7s in both subjects.

Even though your mind does become rusty over the summer holidays...I didn't expect to be THIS bad. Seems like my 7s only prove that I can cram information into my head and regurgitate it when it comes to exam time.

True, with a little revision it should come all back to me.

Still..........it's a bit sad.

ReputationRep:
    Same symptoms

Going from 100% occupied to nothing has this affect- 4 and a half months without classes- seems like it was years ago :eek: I'm sure (hoping) that it'll all come back to me!

ReputationRep:
    It happens - you inevitably forget much of what you learnt and the exams are merely an exercise to prove that you can learn all of it, albeit for a short period of time. Yesterday I tried to integrate quadratic and cubic functions from first priciples (I got a 7 in HL maths a year ago) and found in surprisingly difficult. On the other hand, I could write an essay on 'The Scottish Origins of Irish Annalistic Material, 850-900', or discuss the predilection for aretology in Hiberno-Latin Hagiography, or the role of monsters in Beowulf. Just wait, once you start university you will start learning a plethora of new exciting things.

ReputationRep:
    I was walking back home from the mass, thinking about the action of psychoactive drugs (I did neurology and behavior stuff). Suddenly I started recalling the names of those drugs. I could group them but for God's sake I couldn't tell which where inhibitory and which excitatory;

conclusion: the same problem;
    diagnosis: patient's suffering from Syllabus-Details-Forgetfulness-Syndrome :rolleyes:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.