Rosac
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I've attended I British school for the last 11 years, but live in Spain and have Spanish nationality.

When I sent my application they told me in my offer that I need an "English Language test at Advanced Level".

As a British curriculum student, I completed IGCSE First Language and was awarded a B. The thing is UCL won't accept this because it does not include an oral examination. But I did complete my IGCSE English Second Language where I was awarded an A in Y10 as everyone in my school does.

If they don't accept this examination due to being taken in Y10, I will just find this very unfair, as I have completed all examinations and will have to do another one just to prove my level of English when it is unnecessary.

Has this happened to anyone else?
the_queen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
[QUOTE=Rosac;71377606]So I've attended I British school for the last 11 years, but live in Spain and have Spanish nationality.

When I sent my application they told me in my offer that I need an "English Language test at Advanced Level".

As a British curriculum student, I completed IGCSE First Language and was awarded a B. The thing is UCL won't accept this because it does not include an oral examination. But I did complete my IGCSE English Second Language where I was awarded an A in Y10 as everyone in my school does.

If they don't accept this examination due to being taken in Y10, I will just find this very unfair, as I have completed all examinations and will have to do another one just to prove my level of English when it is unnecessary.

Has this happened to anyone.

If you do not have oral examination, you have to take IELTS. I didn't check but might be possible that UCL does not accept IGCSE English Second Language as a proof.
Sara..**
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
[QUOTE=the_queen;71422358]
(Original post by Rosac)
So I've attended I British school for the last 11 years, but live in Spain and have Spanish nationality.

Has this happened to anyone.

If you do not have oral examination, you have to take IELTS. I didn't check but might be possible that UCL does not accept IGCSE English Second Language as a proof.

I havent applied yet but im sure i will face the same problem... i took the IGCSE second language test in Y10 and even if they accept this exam, they say that u should have taken it at least 2 years prior the starting date of your course so if u applied in Y12 your starting date will probably be after 2 years.
Which course did u apply to? And would you mind me asking your grades???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (222)
67.68%
No (106)
32.32%

Watched Threads