Stepping on thin ground - AS Politics AQA GOV1/2

Watch this thread
2011Mkanabar
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So, exam time is not far away and I have executed the typical performance of negligence towards my education that I have forever 'championed' throughout my life.

Due to being an egoistic b*****d, I decided not to listen for the entire year and am seeking to learn the entire course in 4 weeks. It seems to me that my teacher is giving bad advice, could somebody please tell me if they agree?

The exam (in G1 and G2) only requires us to answer 2 questions out of 4, I am adamant that the right way to go about this is by learning 2 topics which would then give me more quality time to revise and refine, rather than adding the burden of another topic. My teacher however has told me that it is a must to revise 3 in each - I just find that a bit pointless. I have revised all of GOV1 without the extra topic and fully get it, recent exam papers saw A and B marks so... yay! Do you recommend I just move onto GOV2 *2 topics now and ignore my teachers advice?

Sub-topics:
GOV1 - Participation and Behaviour, Electoral Systems
GOV2 - Parliament, The British Constitution
2011Mkanabar
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Bump
mah1000000
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
My teacher has recommended about the same thing. While devoting a lot of time to my two main topics this year, for unit 1, I am learning a backup in case of a horrific essay question. I don't spend too much time on the backup, just a reasonable amount to attempt an essay on it. This isn't too bad for unit 1 seeing as the topics on pressure groups, electoral systems & participation all link quite closely together.

if you feel that you only want to learn two topics then, by all means, follow your instinct. I've been revising solidly for a while so it depends on how much you can cover before the exams, which relatively are actually quite late. Just keep in mind the limitation you will have if you get to the exam and dislike the essay question you have been given, you will not have abackup.
11LOrmston
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
My teacher recommended us to learn two topics in full & then a third one as a backup in case one of the two full topics have a bad question. For me, I'd rather do three in full just in case its a bad exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
21.59%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.5%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.68%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (19)
21.59%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
21.59%

Watched Threads