Tilly1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I have been at Southampton Solent to Study Foundation degree, after realising that university is not for me I would prefer an apprenticeship. However, I have just read online that I am no longer eligible for funding even though I have only done one year. Could someone please clarify this and explain to me if there are any ways around it and still getting an apprenticeships as it is all very confusing
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tilly1997)
Hi, I have been at Southampton Solent to Study Foundation degree, after realising that university is not for me I would prefer an apprenticeship. However, I have just read online that I am no longer eligible for funding even though I have only done one year. Could someone please clarify this and explain to me if there are any ways around it and still getting an apprenticeships as it is all very confusing
You'd be best contacting companies you are interested in working for as different companies have different criteria - just ask around a few and you will be able to see the opportunities avaliable
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
It depends on what you want to do. The training agency in signed up with let people who completed their degrees do it for free. And one of the ladies that works at the agency said you can be any age now and do an apprenticeship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads