The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Use this formula on this pic
Use the one which equals 2ain(A+B/2)cos(A-B/2)
Reply 2
Say that A+B/2 is 3x. And that A-B/2 is x

Rearrange and solve
Reply 3
Divide the left side by 2 then do what I said above, you will end up with the integral of (sinA +sinB)/2
This can then be integrated
But for now I must go
Original post by Rexar
Divide the left side by 2 then do what I said above, you will end up with the integral of (sinA +sinB)/2
This can then be integrated
But for now I must go

Wait this is not in specification for core 4 in aqa?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by igotnomoney

OH, well other then that idk, try using some identities. However this method is very easy, do you get this formula in AQA? If you do, I would simply learn this method

Apply IBP twice. It's a similar approach to excos(x).dx\displaystyle \int e^x\cos(x) .dx
Reply 7
Original post by igotnomoney

They're in your formula book.

For Edexcel these identities appear on the formula book and in textbooks but aren't mentioned in the spec, so exam questions don't require them. But you'll see them in Solomon and other harder papers.

@RDKGames Do you know if this is the case for AQA also? This integral wouldn't be in an Edexcel exam, what about for AQA C4?
Original post by notnek
They're in your formula book.

For Edexcel these identities appear on the formula book and in textbooks but aren't mentioned in the spec, so exam questions don't require them. But you'll see them in Solomon and other harder papers.

@RDKGames Do you know if this is the case for AQA also? This integral wouldn't be in an Edexcel exam, what about for AQA C4?

It's the same in AQA. I have never had to use any other identity other than the compound angle one for sine/cosine/tan even though they are all in the formula booklet and (I think) in the C4 book.

I doubt they'd use it unless they REALLY want to catch people out.

Quick Reply

Latest