The Student Room Group

Fox hunting or cannabis possession

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jirga
Moving them wouldn't solve the problem, not to mention how difficult it would be to capture 100s of foxes.

Yes it would move them to a quite area. That would be the same argument for hunting. Takes far to long to kill 20 then it would to trap and move.
Original post by Jirga
Moving them wouldn't solve the problem, not to mention how difficult it would be to capture 100s of foxes.

Surely you have to admit that the hunting is a bit barbaric? There have been plenty culls (whether or not I agree with them) of other species of animals, but they are killed quickly. A fox being chased until exhaustion and then being torn apart is not a quick death.

People who hunt often use the term that the foxes are "pests", but we are the ones building towns and cities on their habitat. They aren't invading our land, we are encroaching on theirs.
Original post by k.russell
you ever smoked my brother? Mental health issues is a legit concern, other two are b u l l s h i t

First no I have never smoked.

The second I have dealt with them in Oxford in the last two months. I will a bit it is not the norm but it does happen.
Reply 63
Original post by Shabracadabra
Surely you have to admit that the hunting is a bit barbaric? There have been plenty culls (whether or not I agree with them) of other species of animals, but they are killed quickly. A fox being chased until exhaustion and then being torn apart is not a quick death.

I do. They should be culled as painlessly and quickly as possible.

People who hunt often use the term that the foxes are "pests", but we are the ones building towns and cities on their habitat. They aren't invading our land, we are encroaching on theirs.

Humans are on top of the foodchain.
Original post by Rooster11366
First no I have never smoked.

The second I have dealt with them in Oxford in the last two months. I will a bit it is not the norm but it does happen.

Right.. Seriously I find it hard to believe that the cannabis is causing these effects, obviously I'm not expecting you to provide details of what happened, but please consider whether these people where using other drugs (spice, heroin, crack, meth), or were perhaps suffering from some sort of psychosis?
Original post by Jirga

Just because we are on top of the food chain doesn't mean we should destroy habitats left, right and centre.
Original post by Rooster11366
No like walking straight at cars when high. Also cutting fingers off for fun. Also don't forget the mental health issues.

Lol.
Reply 67
Just because we are on top of the food chain doesn't mean we should destroy habitats left, right and centre.

Do you realise there'd be no infrastructure, no cities, no civilisation if we didn't destroy some habitats?
@Rooster11366, you're a paramedic in Oxford, surely you must see the problems caused by synthetic cannabinoids like spice, especially amongst the homeless population.
Don't you think the prevalence of these drugs, which are seriously dangerous to mental and physical health, would be reduced if cannabis was legalised and regulated?
Original post by k.russell
Right.. Seriously I find it hard to believe that the cannabis is causing these effects, obviously I'm not expecting you to provide details of what happened, but please consider whether these people where using other drugs (spice, heroin, crack, meth), or were perhaps suffering from some sort of psychosis?

Let me put it to you this way. I cannot say every person will do it. At the same time you cannot say no one will do it.

With the one we just picked him.up and dealt on route. So cannot say for that one.

The second one not sure as everyone with them lied. We smelt cannabis only, so he might have taken something else. But we could not confirm as we had no evidence either way.
Original post by Jirga
Do you realise there'd be no infrastructure, no cities, no civilisation if we didn't destroy some habitats?

Of course I'm aware. I never said not to build anything anywhere. But the rate at which we are doing so is unhealthy. There will be no infrastructure, no cities and no civilisation once we destroy every habitat, and with the speed of deforestation and new settlements, it's fast approaching.
Reply 71
Original post by Jirga

So because "there's too many" which there isn't.. your just gonna kill them wow arrogant self righteous human

There's too many humans are you just gonna kill them too?
Reply 72
Original post by Eilidhsimon
So because "there's too many" which there isn't.. your just gonna kill them wow arrogant self righteous human

There's too many humans are you just gonna kill them too?

I didn't say there's too many, I said if there were. you're*, and yes.

No.
Reply 73
Original post by Jirga

My arse they are.. put you in a cage with a hungry bear and no weapons you wouldn't last ten minutes
If you think fox hunting is worse than cannabis, you are part of what's wrong with the modern world. So disconnected from reality.
Reply 75
My arse they are.. put you in a cage with a hungry bear and no weapons you wouldn't last ten minutes

Why no weapons?

Yes but humans have weapons you mong, that's what makes us top of the chain.
Reply 77
Original post by Jirga
I didn't say there's too many, I said if there were. you're*, and yes.

No.

So there's not too many so there's no need to murder them
Reply 78
Original post by Jirga
Why no weapons?

Because they're not "natural" if we're talking food chains you gotta get natural
Reply 79
Original post by richpanda
Yes but humans have weapons you mong, that's what makes us top of the chain.

That's offensive

We are not top of the food chain we are not even part of the food chain anymore

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending