Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Do you have a problem eating halal meat?

ReputationRep:
    Like if you went sonewhere that served only halal food would you walkout?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got Milk)
    Like if you went sonewhere that served only halal food would you walkout?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope

...especially if I was with my girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't bother me at all.

ReputationRep:
    I don't eat meat at all. But, halal meat bothers me even more than regular meat because halal meat slaughter is often even more cruel than regular slaughter.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's pretty ****ed up how they kill the animals, but it's also ****ed up how animals are treated in every industry. So I don't care.

ReputationRep:
    If it's a pizza place and I'm craving pepperoni pizza, the halal substitute just won't cut the mustard.

Other times, I can't really tell the difference and so I don't care.

ReputationRep:
    90% of halal meat has been prepared the same way as regular, it's just been blessed before slaughter.

It's a little hypocritical though how people are suddenly so quick to reject meat based on Islamic slaughter but are more than willing to eat animals which have been kept in horrendous living conditions without thinking twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalLight)
    90% of halal meat has been prepared the same way as regular, it's just been blessed before slaughter.

It's a little hypocritical though how people are suddenly so quick to reject meat based on Islamic slaughter but are more than willing to eat animals which have been kept in horrendous living conditions without thinking twice.
    Well theres more to it than that I guess if people do not like islam they may not want to eat "islamic meat"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a vegetarian

ReputationRep:
    I am a Muslim, but even if I wasn't I wouldn't care but if I don't believe the blessing does anything, why would it affect me?

ReputationRep:
    Not arsed. Much like Jesus, those animals died for our gains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalLight)

They expect the animal to be given a hug first and then slaughtered lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No. Meat is meat. It tastes the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    They expect the animal to be given a hug first and then slaughtered lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's just stupid that they claim to have such a moral objection to halal slaughter all the while munching down a big mac made from an animal kept in a cage barely larger than it's body size. smh.

ReputationRep:
    I've always liked Halal meat myself.

ReputationRep:
    only people who can criticize halal meat are vegans/vegetarians everyone else just sounds stupid ie
    "ohh its so awful slitting the animals throat like that, id much prefer it was violently electrocuted and dunked in boiling water"

daym didnt know Id get this many reps

ReputationRep:
    Makes no difference to me.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day, chicken and halal chicken were both killed for their meat so it doesn't matter to me

ReputationRep:
    It makes no difference to me.

In previous threads on this topic, it always amuses me how many people become PETA activists as soon as the word halal is mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    It is meat at the end of the day, if anyone has a problem with it, then I don't see why they would be eating meat in the first place if they advocate for animal slaughter rights. I'm fine with eating non halal and halal meat.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.