Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone on study leave? Or is it just my school trying to stress us out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Practically no study leave for our school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Pepe)
    Practically no study leave for our school.
    Same here. I have to take days off in order to revise. I learn nothing at all. It's a waste of time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Same here. I have to take days off in order to revise. I learn nothing at all. It's a waste of time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know the feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    I know the feeling
    Today I only had maths and English that were useful. The rest we've done everything we just sit and revise in class and I Can't revise in that atmosphere I just draw and stare around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Today I only had maths and English that were useful. The rest we've done everything we just sit and revise in class and I Can't revise in that atmosphere I just draw and stare around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same

ReputationRep:
    I have this weekend as study leave- my exam starts Monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizgurl)
    I have this weekend as study leave- my exam starts Monday
    What's your first exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    What's your first exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Monday- RE
    Tuesday- Biology
    Thursday- Chemistry ( such a wonderful week ahead of me)

ReputationRep:
    Monday- RE
    Tuesday- Biology
    Thursday- Chemistry ( such a wonderful week ahead of me)
    Aw is your RE examboard WJEC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Is anyone on study leave? Or is it just my school trying to stress us out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently it's 'against the law' for schools to dish out study leave

That's what my school said!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Aw is your RE examboard WJEC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, is it yours?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, is it yours?
    Same
    How are you revising for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Same
    How are you revising for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh nice, I barely know anyone from here with the same exam board.

Mainly learning the quotations from the Religion and Life Issues book by WJEC, because as long as you've got a good quotation and explained how it links to the question, you're guaranteed full marks
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh nice, I barely know anyone from here with the same exam board.

Mainly learning the quotations from the Religion and Life Issues book by WJEC, because as long as you've got a good quotation and explained how it links to the question, you're guaranteed full marks
    How about you?
    Yup. I actually find it better to learn the quotes on when there's like 3 days left as they stay fresh.

I just don't understand words like "Vocation", "Specular society" word that like on B style questions and I think that will screw me.

I've done so many past papers I'm predicted a high grade wbu

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Yup. I actually find it better to learn the quotes on when there's like 3 days left as they stay fresh.

I just don't understand words like "Vocation", "Specular society" word that like on B style questions and I think that will screw me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think its when God gives someone a calling to do a duty, and they make that duty their sole occupation throughout their life.
    Like, Mother Theresa had a vocation, where she was told by God to help the poor. So she did that for her whole life in the slums of Calcutta.

When you say 'specular', do you mean 'secular'? A secular society is one where hardly anyone believes in God.

I'm predicted a high grade too, but I'm worried because in questions I almost always get full marks or no marks. Like there's virtually no in between for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You know what, I've only just started revising yesterday. There's literally 0 point in revising RE months before. I'd be wasting my time. That's what I did with mocks
    But again some people take more time than me to learn quotations, as memorizing can be a challenge.

ReputationRep:
    I think its when God gives someone a calling to do a duty, and they make that duty their sole occupation throughout their life.
    Like, Mother Theresa had a vocation, where she was told by God to help the poor. So she did that for her whole life in the slums of Calcutta.

When you say 'specular', do you mean 'secular'? A secular society is one where hardly anyone believes in God.

I'm predicted a high grade too, but I'm worried because in questions I almost always get full marks or no marks. Like there's virtually no in between for me.
    Same here. I screw up on some questions when I feel like there's no agree or disagree answer. So I just make up any example sometimes I get it right lol

I actually enjoy RE. I think I'll end up with a B

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You know what, I've only just started revising yesterday. There's literally 0 point in revising RE months before. I'd be wasting my time. That's what I did with mocks
    But again some people take more time than me to learn quotations, as memorizing can be a challenge.
    Same. I just memorise the keywords months before so i don't have to panic last month!

Re is so easy lol
    I love memorising last minute for it. It's helpful revision.

What English exam board are you doing? What books are you doing ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Same here. I screw up on some questions when I feel like there's no agree or disagree answer. So I just make up any example sometimes I get it right lol

I actually enjoy RE. I think I'll end up with a B

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, good thing about RE, is it's positively marked. My teacher told me to right anything and everything that comes in your head for a question, if you have time. Because you won't lose marks for saying something perhaps irrelevant.

I definitely enjoy RE. Not my favourite, but interesting. I'm predicted an A*. I might get it, or I might get an A.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.