The Student Room Group

Past suspensions (exclusions)

Hello,

I'm in year 10 and I've just been excluded for 1 and ½ days, and I was also excluded for the same period of time, 2-3 weeks ago, how badly will these affect my college & uni applications in the near future.

PS.
Both exclusions were for swearing at senior staff and my head of year and refusal to go into internal isolation.
Original post by AsSOT
Hello,

I'm in year 10 and I've just been excluded for 1 and ½ days, and I was also excluded for the same period of time, 2-3 weeks ago, how badly will these affect my college & uni applications in the near future.

PS.
Both exclusions were for swearing at senior staff and my head of year and refusal to go into internal isolation.

Depends on whether you really turn things around and as a result you get good references for where you want to go for 6th form then try a clean slate start there. I was included in Year 10 once but did the above and all was well.
Reply 2
Original post by AsSOT
Hello,

PS.

The only place this information would go is in your reference, and that has to be less than 4000 characters. So there's not much space to include things.
If you can do a lot of good things between now and sending your application, your reference will be full of those. This won't leave any space to mention the bad bits.
Reply 3
Mostly, schools want their pupils to do well and go to uni. So if you give them plenty of positive things to say about you, that's what they will include. Stop swearing at the teachers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending