Shook
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello, I am on a full-time masters that I started last September and finish this September. I have received all my funding (£10k) so the tuition fee (£6k) has now been paid as well as my maintenance (£4k). If I switch to part-time now, what would happen? Would SFE require me to pay back a big chunk of the maintenance as now I won't be finishing until September 2018? And what about the tuition fees? I am broke and in my overdraft so I am worried that I can't switch to part-time because I'll have to pay money back. The reason I am switching to part-time is so I can work more hours. Many thanks.
Mark SFE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,

In regards to support as your are switching to part-time study we will not look to claw back any payments you have received, however as you've reached the full £10,000 you will not be entitled to any further funding.

Thanks,

Mark
Shook
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Mark SFE)
Hi,

In regards to support as your are switching to part-time study we will not look to claw back any payments you have received, however as you've reached the full £10,000 you will not be entitled to any further funding.

Thanks,

Mark
thank you!
mtarak01
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I'm full time MSc student and thinking about switching to part-time, I have applied for full amount and received my first payment in october, how will my next two payment will be effected? thanks.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mtarak01)
Hi, I'm full time MSc student and thinking about switching to part-time, I have applied for full amount and received my first payment in october, how will my next two payment will be effected? thanks.
Hi, if you switch to part time so your are studying longer then your payments will reduce as they will need to cover every year of the course.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (3)
37.5%
No - I have already returned home (0)
0%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (3)
37.5%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (0)
0%
No - I live at home during term anyway (2)
25%

Watched Threads